Thread: Help fixing/preventing horrible click/popping in Audition recording - example in topi

Default Help fixing/preventing horrible click/popping in Audition recording - example in topi

Hi,

Looking for help/advice.
    I recently recorded a podcast using Adobe Audition CS6 for Mac and upon listening back noticed that all audio after about the 3 minute mark was plagued with a terrible crackle/pop throughout - hear the example here:https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/.../58%20test.mp3

Now I've had this happen only once before and that was because my I/O Buffer Size was set too low - I had since fixed this by setting it to 2048 and never had te issue again. I was also able to hear the crackle in my headphones that time - however this time there was no warning.

Is there any way to repair the audio? I have used the click removal effect and while it helps the crackles are still quite noticeable. Any other tips you can give me? I'm desperate to try and clean this up as much possible.
    Also what could have caused this? I use a Mackie mixer and it seemed to start when all 3 of us doing the show started talking simultaneously.

Very very strange.

Thanks in advance,

Chris

2. Default

Hi Chris,

This sounds like clipping. Did you check that the recording volumes were ok?
    Let me try to see if I can isolate the frequency and use an EQ to attenuate or remove it completely. I keep you updated.

Best regards,

Fegender

3. Default

Chris,

I tried to play with some EQ to attenuate the clicks and pops but it alters too much the signal and has a too big impact on the voice, sorry

Best regards,

Fegender