Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Youtube

Default Youtube

How do you take yours?

Do you watch in the little box here on the forum? or do you open in youtube and watch in 720p full screen or 1080 full screen on youtube?
    'No longer are the pleasures of Home Movie Making limited to those with ample funds. Now the man and woman of moderate means can join the sport'..... Kodak catalogue 1933

Blog Entries

Either full screen, or if it's available, on my TV

Blog Entries

Every which way. If it looks like it'll benefit from full screen - then I'll go full screen. Ditto if I'm reviewing (it's only fair, after all). On the other hand some stuff just doesn't need it.
    Tim

I always watch in HD full screen when ever I can. I guess it's how the maker would like it viewed.

I only watch HD if it looks promising

hmmm, i was just wondering if it was worth the extra upload time it takes with 1080 as there is very little difference between 720 and 1080 once youtube has done its compression.
    'No longer are the pleasures of Home Movie Making limited to those with ample funds. Now the man and woman of moderate means can join the sport'..... Kodak catalogue 1933

Just a thought. I might speculate that what we see on the screen is not what's actually stored on the disk. In which case I would definitely upload the largest supported resolution - tomorrow, when network reasorces get cheaper and faster, and YouTube improves the streaming quality, I won't need to reupload my low res vids just because I wanted to save a few minutes.

Btw, I always prefer to watch full screen and with sound on if it's an interesting clip.

Small box or full screen depending on the quality of the video!!

I try to watch everything in the highest available quality full screen. If my net is slow at the time, or the upload is particularly grainy or crappy looking, I'll switch it to the smaller screen(s) with less resolution.

Lucky if I can watch at 144 resolution because of my crap internet provision, if I could watch at HD 1080 then I would.

Keep hearing about 720 being no different to 1080, but as MrZee says, it's about future proofing, and one day people won't want to go near a 720 production. 1080HD will be minimum standard.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast