Thread: Cycling across Canada video

Smile Cycling across Canada video

Hello, I don't have much experience creating videos, but I put some footage and pictures together of my trip across Canada.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCN_vU2kFXc

There are few mistakes I am already aware of:
    -some pictures near the end don't stay long enough (may make u dizzy)
    -text contrasting in some parts (I could not find a good option on Sony Vegas Pro to fix that)
    -two 1-2 sec segments are black (issue with offline media)

I am also wondering if there is a good way to present the photos (when I had no video footage), panning or zooming in looked nice, but I did not want to do it on all of them
    Youtube stretched my video to their HD aspect ratio (is it easy to tell? Do you think I should leave it like that or try to use the original ratio, it is 4:3 i think)

thanks in advance,

Iohan

Sorry - I can't watch it because of copyright issues.

Quote Originally Posted by XXLRay View Post
    Sorry - I can't watch it because of copyright issues.
    Ah, sorry. It works fine in Canada, not sure about other countries

Not the best filming in the world as I'm sure you already know but an excellent adventure. I'm sure it's full of great memories for you.

My message says "not available on this platform"

Quote Originally Posted by zamiotana View Post
    My message says "not available on this platform"
    That's because of copyright, too. It should work on a PC.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    Not the best filming in the world as I'm sure you already know but an excellent adventure. I'm sure it's full of great memories for you.
    Agreed.

As it stands it is just lots of pictures of roads and scenery of which there are, lets face it, plenty of better shots available. But what this has, which other films don't and can never have is your experience.

A picure paints a thousand words? Well maybe, but this cries out for a voiceover telling us your thoughts each day as you start out or finish, or even mid ride. This would immediately engage the viewer in joining you on the journey and make this so much more than just a bunch of pictures and dates. Why not give it a go? It'll make the film much more watchable for those who didn't experience it for themselves.
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    Agreed.

As it stands it is just lots of pictures of roads and scenery of which there are, lets face it, plenty of better shots available. But what this has, which other films don't and can never have is your experience.

A picure paints a thousand words? Well maybe, but this cries out for a voiceover telling us your thoughts each day as you start out or finish, or even mid ride. This would immediately engage the viewer in joining you on the journey and make this so much more than just a bunch of pictures and dates. Why not give it a go? It'll make the film much more watchable for those who didn't experience it for themselves.
    I agree with what Tim says and I would add that you should have someone in mind when you are doing the voice over - tell the story as if you are telling it to them - just to them - and the rest of us will be brought in as if we are listening in on a private conversation - that way you don't have to be Morgan Freeman on the March of the Penguins - just a regular guy - nobody special - no accomplishments - just some pimply teen making movies in his basement because the comic book store is closed on Monday night - and we'll all totally get it - because we were all there 30 years ago - and we're still in the basement except now the lights are out and we have a glass of single malt in our hands - you get the picture - if not, just wait 30 years