Thread: What's the effect or program used to obtain this result

Question What's the effect or program used to obtain this result

hi, i am new here, Thanks you guys for your time to help me

I want to edit a cartoon of the 80( saint seiya) I am using Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 11.0 and TMPGEnc 4.0 XPress, after rendering I check the result on my HD tv and ps3 and it looks great, but looking at google found this picture
    1.jpg

this is the direction URL http://changopepe.deviantart.com/art...a-HD-131138341

and my result is not that way, this is my result t.mpg_snapshot_00.12_[2013.10.13_22.16.43].jpg close but not get that sharpness in the image of the knight sieya, as in the picture of internet,
    on TV looks great and my friends love the result of my effort. but my question is:

1.- the Internet picture is the result of a good program and hard work

2.- no information about the picture in home page, is the result of photoshop or a similar program.

I hope someone can help me, and give me tips on how to improve the sharpness on my project and kill the doubt in my head about the picture I found on the internet(is something that will not let me be at peace).
    thanks again, for you time. I'll be checking the blog several times a day, and would appreciate your help, may need to change programs and learn more

Extra information: My source is a source of original Japanese DVD, here a picture of the Japanese original video
    o.jpg the software used to capture images is media player classic home cinema.

You could try adding the FX "Unsharp Mask" in Vegas. I would recommend that you only use a light setting as over doing sharpness can lead to undesirable results.

I've tried and not much difference in image quality, notice a change and thank you for that, has to be in the light, to avoid bad results.
    but no I get the picture quality of the Internet, maybe it's a fake made ​​with photoshop, done with good intention. I hope to be in error, I'm a bit new to this and am aware i need to learn more

if anyone has more ideas I would appreciate

I did a small project to show the image as seen in my video, I think it is not same quality as watching a bluray device.
    I used the Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 11.0 and TMPGEnc 4.0 XPress for this video, I use the plugin levels and Unsharp Mask and with TMPGEnc 4.0 XPress apply video noise reduction.
    <span id="result_box" class="" lang="en"><span class="hps"><span tabindex="-1" id="result_box" class="short_text" lang="en"><span class="hps"><span tabindex="-1" id="result_box" class="short_text" lang="en"><span class="hps"><span class="st">

What are the dimensions (in pixels) of the original image? And what dimensions (in pixels) is the video to be rendered in?
    The image at the chngopepo URL is (when cut in half, because the graphic includes 2 images) is 600*450 pixels. The video (@1080p) is 1920*1020 pixels.
    If so, then the 'Sharpness' effect may have a difficult task whilst coping with the heavy pixelation. In addition, the choice and settings of the Codec may make a difference. Does it still look like this if you render a short section using an 'uncompressed' video format.

the dimensions of the original dvd is 720x480
    in the sample video is 1920x1080, but is only for sample, is in format mpeg 2
    My idea is to make it in the original size(720x480)
    I did test it in different dimensions and with different codes, and failed to find that sharpness as water, my suspicion to be a photoshop fraud is bigger
    to see my work on TV it looks great, comparable to select vision and much better than entertainment tower, but do not deny that I would find this quality for a cartoon of the 80s.