Thread: No Reason || Unicycle Summer Edit (Street/Flat)

Default No Reason || Unicycle Summer Edit (Street/Flat)

Hi people
    Here i want to show you my lastest Video, which shows a short summer edit of some street/flat-Sessions last summer and i hope you enjoy it...

Technical details:
    Camera: canon eos 550d with ML and Cinestyle
    Lens: Tamron 17-55mm f2.8
    Microphone: Rode VideoMic Pro
    Other: mmc hague steadycam / NANOMAX 220 cullmann

If you have 2s time it also would be really nice if you can leave a like on this facebook page (Videocontest) because i really want to buy a new Steadycam (Glidecam 2000 HD) and a new lens (Sigma 30mm f1.4), but how always money is not very available.. (Video name on the FB page is "Einrad", you need to scroll down 2 or 3 pages...)

Hope you like the edit and and i certainly but out other videos next year, because i really love to make videos, so i will try everything to can continue..

Greetings Fabian

I think you've made a good job of this. Very competent camera work and sympathetic editing gives this a real feel good factor along with the music.

Well done.

Surrey, UK
    Blog Entries

I'm not entirely sure I agree with Midnight about the camerawork - true there were some very nice shots (I liked the really smooth steadycam circling the unicyclist early on and the penultimate shot was great, but there were too many shots for me where the rider was uncomfortably chopped off at the neck.

I'm not sure of the validity of the very wide screen for a subject which is basically vertical, unless you are going to use it in a very artistic manner or to show a lot of lateral movement (across the screen) - a lot of the shots here just had the vertical subject taking up a small portion of the screen without making use of the majority of teh screen.

I really liked camera work and editing. The music fit very well for me and underlined the easy-going fun the visuals already expressed. I like the fish-eye effect and that it was only moderately used.

How did you make the paning at 00:15 and 00:20 so smooth?

My only critique are the cut off heads at 00:30 and 00:42. In principle you did it more often bit the focus was clearly on the wheel the other times. I agree with Tim that the wider than wide screen was not the best choice with that much vertical action.

You could work on better visual connections (not that mine would be good). Take e.g. the cut at 00:30. If you made the cut a second earlier when the jump finishes and zoomed in you would have a better "mind connection" to the next shot of jumps at a closer zoom level.