Thread: Shockingly bad shock films

Default Shockingly bad shock films

Many will disagree, but I'm adamant the only shocking thing about some fright-films is the shockingly bad way theyíre made. Just seen the sisterhood film ĎThe Descentí, and I reckon chick-lit fans should reject it as insulting to feminism. Six characterless but adventurous women go caving, and they encounter a nasty species of blind sub-humans who wish to eat them. (Come to think of it, this could be any current TV plot.)

Anyway, each shock is the same formula as the last; itís screaming at fever pitch most of the time, hardly a line of dialogue makes any coherent sense (thatís if you can hear it clearly).

This isnít film making, itís conveyor belt, made-to-formula business product manufacture. I reckon a) the script was done by the tea boy; b) they asked a part time cleaner to do the storyboard; c) they asked the postman to operate the camera; d) the lighting engineer used 60- watt bulbs. It suffers not only from bad photography, but also sh!t-awful post production.

I think that, given the same facilities & budget, many contributors to this forum would produce a far more original and interesting product. Had to get this off my chest. Dare say the only thing worse is somebody ranting on about inappropriate subjects on unsuitable forums!

Blog Entries

And breathe

so you didnt enjoy the film then?

Me and all my Geordie mates thought it was challa-wallah, Kiddah. Can't you tell?