Thread: Which software (Vegas / Flash Professional ?)

Default Which software (Vegas / Flash Professional ?)

Hi all,

I like this video and in particular the animations so I am wondering what kind of software would I need to have a go at something like this? Could I do it with Sony Vegas Pro 12 or do the animations mean it is more suited to Adobe Flash Professional?

Can anyone tell from the link what kind of file is being played? If I right click on the video it says "About Adobe Flash Player" but then I think that is consistent with the original file being a Flash file or something like MP4 etc

Thanks...

The reference to 'Abobe Flash Player' relates to the format of the file when it played via the web page. It does not relate to the name or type of software the Author used to create the video.
    Almost certainly I consider you require an NLE like Vegas Pro 12 (or like the software here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...iting_software). But, be aware that animators and creators of special effects may also use additional software, either from commercial plugins into existing NLE software, or as separate, standalone applications. For example, one might use Photoshop to prepare still images; and then use those images in your Video Editing software.

Quote Originally Posted by TimAndrews View Post
    The reference to 'Abobe Flash Player' relates to the format of the file when it played via the web page. It does not relate to the name or type of software the Author used to create the video.
    Yes I think the reference to 'Abobe Flash Player' just means that the browser is using the Abobe Flash Player plugin to play the video and does not say anything about what kind of video file format it is.

Anyway I think that Adobe Flash (SWF) files tend to autoplay and do not have controls like play, pause etc or HD toggle options so I think that indicates that this file was not made in Adobe Flash.

Almost certainly I consider you require an NLE like Vegas Pro 12 (or like the software here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...iting_software). But, be aware that animators and creators of special effects may also use additional software, either from commercial plugins into existing NLE software, or as separate, standalone applications. For example, one might use Photoshop to prepare still images; and then use those images in your Video Editing software.
    OK thanks. I have Vegas Movie Studio already so I am thinking of upgrading to Vegas Pro 12...

I think you would fine this near impossible to do I just Vegas. You would need something like Adobe After Effects as it can create the 3D space needed for the movement in the animations. You may also need a graphics program to create the graphics. When you have all the individual pieces you could then us stitch them all together in Sony Movie Studio to make the video.

@ Midnight Blue yes I think it would need something like After Effects or some alternative like Hitfilm...

Thanks...

I would use Adobe Illustrator and Adobe After Effects for the 3D graphics and compositing, and then edit in Premier Pro or similar NLE.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    You would need something like Adobe After Effects as it can create the 3D space needed for the movement in the animations.
    Oooh, you do like to throw down the gauntlet! If I had the time I'd have a go at doing the "3D from old photo's". I'm sure the technique is the same in Vegas as it would be in AE. (Separate the still into different images using P&C mask - one "layer" per track, set the composite mode for each track to 3d source alpha and away you go)
    Tim