Thread: Music Video...

Default Music Video...

Hi there, I've just compleated on a new video for Manchester band Fear Of Music for a song called Skin and Bones, it's all worked on and edited using Aftereffects, and shot on my HDV FX1 and digital SLR's...

link to this to check it out.....
    http://www.andrewbrooksphotography.com/SkinAndBones.htm

Also I've got 3 other videos which I've put together over the last year,

There here....

http://www.andrewbrooksphotography.com/video.htm

Any feed back is very welcome, or any folks out there working on similar stuff I'd be interest to see...

Thanks a lot,,,,

Andrew...

mrlipring - I hate copying and pasting links. I edited them so they're clickable.

I'm impressed, Looks extremely good visually. I wish there was little more to the video though, to keep it interesting. I love the entry scene that is fantastic. How long have you been working with video?

I'm thinking of getting After Effects, How long have you been using it, and what did you use to format to quicktime, or is it a mac? (Nice quality at a small size.)

/20 questions out

Cheers for the feedback, I've been doing video for about 2 years, started in photography then slowly been getting into moving image, now thats my main thing, doing music video's and live visuals, been working on after effects for about 2 years as well, got a background in photoshop which seemed to help me pick up AfterrEffects pretty quickly.

The video sizeing is done on a Mac using quicktime7 to make Mpg4 which quite a lot of folks can see, the full Rez is HD which is so nice to use.

Thanks again....

Andrew

The band must love your treatment of the 'Skin and bones' number, very MTV. I've always thought these effects are clever, but usually way overdone. It quickly gets wearying.

They seem like good musicians, and their harmonies on one of the other songs were really well done. Best wishes to all of you.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tone33
    I've always thought these effects are clever, but usually way overdone. It quickly gets wearying.
    It looks fab for sure, but, and I don't often find myself agreeing with other peoples' opinions when it comes to videos, it would have been even more fab if now and again you had "normal" footage.

HDV is not HD.
    Allen Marshall - Hollow Films

Journal

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall
    HDV is not HD.
    HDV is indeed a form of High Definition. HDV isn't HDTV, but HDV most definately is High Definition.

Blog Entries

Very, very good. I love the style, the deep colour, the effects, the music, the... shall I go on?

Extremely pro!