Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New to video editing

Default New to video editing

Hi,I'm totally new for video edit softwares, I wan to do my first project. I've got some captured videos images and audio files. I want to mix them and add some text and simple effects to it. What is the best software for doing all i want? Software's price is not a concern cuz i'm gonna use it a lot. Is Adobe Premier an appropriate choice?
    I'd be grateful!

Adobe Premier is a good choice, Also Sony Vegas Pro 12. If you have never done anything like this you may find them a steep learning curve but if you follow the tutorials I'm sure you'll pick it up.

There is one option that is quite good to start and see if you really want this: Nero Vision.... Quite cheap and powerful!

Thank you very much for your reply. Since i've heard Adobe products are somewhat similar and i'm familiar with Adobe photoshop i will use Adobe Premier. I may give Nero Vision a try if it is simple enough to use.
    Is there any very simple and easy to use software for my purpose? Because right now i don't have enough time to learn a complex software like Adobe Premier but for next projects i will use Adobe Premier for sure.
    Last edited by metalsider; 10-04-2013 at 07:50 AM.

The basic ones that you get with Mac or Windows OSs are very easy to use, but results are a bit limited. But if you have good material and put them in the right sequence, the editing is just "the editing"... 99% of the people start with them, get addicted and move on... Nero Vision/Vegas Studio are the next steps, then the pro ones....

Thank you very much for your advices

I found the learning curve to be hign on Adobe Premiere Pro however it was well worth the time invested as it is a very nice application once you learn it. Plan on spending a week doing the tutorials and you will be happy you did later on.

8. Default

I'll also throw Movie Edit Pro into the ring as a possible easy introduction to video editing.

I'm not so sure but I've heard that Adobe After Effects is great for video editing. What do you guys think?

It can do a lot.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast