Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Go Pro

Blog Entries

Default New Go Pro

Bloody typical. I've only just bough a new Go Pro 3 (Black edition) to replace the 1st generation one I bought years ago. So it's obvious that Go Pro announce a new and improved Go Pro.

http://gopro.com/cameras/hd-hero3-black-edition

Blog Entries

I really, really don't want to like the GoPro. I hate their aggressive marketing and obsessive self-love at trade fairs but... Their cameras do what it says on the box.

Go and buy the 3+ Marc and donate your GoPro 3 to an impoverished mate (me)!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rembrandt Rob View Post
    I really, really don't want to like the GoPro. I hate their aggressive marketing and obsessive self-love at trade fairs but... Their cameras do what it says on the box.
    Plus one to that Rob. I've been holding off until the price dropped (and of course, after the summer when I would have actually used it - no point in buying gadgets if they're in any way useful).

You can have my old Go Pro for the price of sending. It's a first generation one and the waterproof case is broken though. So not really much use whatsoever.

Blog Entries

Thanks for the offer but don't you want to keep it as a "suicide cam" Marc?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rembrandt Rob View Post
    Thanks for the offer but don't you want to keep it as a "suicide cam" Marc?
    Nah, it'll just end up in the loft gathering dust.

Blog Entries

Well, you're a star... PM sent.

I wouldn't sneeze at any of the GoPros -- they all take decent video no matter which one you use.

I got my Hero2 a month before the release of the Hero 3.

Damn, another? I remember when I was damn impressed by the Hero2 and was really considering buying one. Even visited stores just to take a look at one and chat with the seller. I bookmarked a site that sold them at the lowest price.

Fast forward couple of months, I try to open the bookmark and the store says that they don't sell them anymore as there is new one available. That kind of resets my lenghty Consideration Time (tm) and I have to start the process of considering the purchase all over. It was still in consideration untill this day.

Well, here we go again...

It shouldn't take you long to consider this one, just look at the new features:

"HERO3+ Black Edition. 20% smaller and lighter than its best-selling predecessor, it delivers improved image quality and powerful new features geared for versatility and convenience. SuperView™ is a new video mode that captures the world’s most immersive wide angle perspective, while Auto Low Light mode intelligently adjusts frame rate for stunning low-light performance. Combined with 30% longer battery life, 4x faster built-in Wi-Fi and a sharper lens, the HERO3+ Black Edition is the most advanced GoPro yet."

If you can't afford the Hero 3+ Black you could go for the silver at 279.99

Am I a good sales man.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast