Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Bible, Genesis & Geology - Trailer

Default The Bible, Genesis & Geology - Trailer

I needed to make a new Trailer to promote the Second Edition of my Book, which was published today. I've had the Trailer in the can waiting until today to release it publicly. In designing this trailer, I strived to find an acceptable mix using still images, moving nature clips and animated video and weave it into something that would both grab viewer attention and make the subject matter interesting. Finding what I considered the right music was somewhat difficult. The music could not be over the top or overly dramatic, but needed to fit the cadence of the narration and the subject matter. I would appreciate feedback on how successful this Trailer meets, or does not meet, those expectations.
    Thank you.

I think it is a good choice of etherial music. But it does not help pace the movement. And sometimes it seems to determine the editing choices (e.g. the chords at 02:02, 02:13).
    One option would be to overlay two tracks. Find other 'suitable' music, but something faster and racier. Leave it inaudible in the mix, but make slightly audible in the mix whenever you want to re-excite the viewer.
    I thought the clip was very easy on the eye. It looks very nice.
    My least fave graphics were 0:59 to 01:09. And there is alot of text at 0:19. Not enough time to read it. Perhaps highlight the most important/relevant words?

I thought it move on ok for a book advert. I didn't think the music was an issue but that's a very subjective thing. The graphics are well presented but I think there is too much text in some of the slides. The viewer can't read the text and listen to your VO in the time given so I would loose the text and just have a graphic with a heading.

Hope this helps.

I do have one question, who wrote the book of Genesis ?

That's easy MB, the same person that invented both ink and paper/hide/ After the bow and arrow needed to capture the lamb whose skin..... They were first to develop a language more or less on their own (before Adam ) and they must have invented the first alphabet so they . . . . and so on . . . .

Quite obviously the story of the days of creation is a story, to give some sense to why we are here, which every child asks.....only after many years do we question things that are said to be fundamentally "right" - in the same way that the Star Chamber was able to end Galeleo's life for stating that the earth revolves round the sun, because the scripturally-learned judges knew that the earth was at the very centre of - - - everything. Until voyages were made "round the earth" it was commonly believed the earth was flat.
    Funny that, how firm beliefs are whittled away over time.

I've never heard that the days of creation were the geological Ages. Those classifications were only recent and there was no clear-cut change between them, they are just assigned names for convenience.
    Last edited by vidmanners; 09-30-2013 at 02:29 AM.

As far as the video goes, I think it was fine - minor tweeks would yield minor improvements but that's about it - basically re-arranging the deck chairs

Flame on

What I don't understand is the desire for people to try to make the bible jive with scientific observation - religion is based on faith and faith is simplify the unwavering belief in something that you don't need nor care to observe - so why bother constantly trying to observe it - just believe - God made a bunch of old dinosaur bones and planted them in the ground to test our faith - why not just embrace that and move on!!! Move the f$&@ on!!!

Flame off

In order to ensure that I am not in violation of any forum decency guidelines, let me clarify that the obfuscated word in the text above is in fact "fart"
    Last edited by zamiotana; 09-30-2013 at 03:10 AM.

Blog Entries

Actually man has known since the iron age that the earth was round. Long before people actually sailed around the world. The ancient Greeks knew that the world was a sphere and had even roughly calculated its diameter.

But... Let's not go down the content route here. This is a video-making site and, for the newer members, the topics of politics and religion are no-go areas.

My problem with the video was the voice. For me it was far too overpowering. Regardless of the content, the voice needs to "lighten up" a bit for my taste.

Quote Originally Posted by Rembrandt Rob View Post
    My problem with the video was the voice. For me it was far too overpowering. Regardless of the content, the voice needs to "lighten up" a bit for my taste.
    My VOICE is too overpowering? Gee, Rob, that's the only one I have, cultivated by a long former career of radio announcing.

Blog Entries

I know Gains but... It's a bit too much. It comes across like the Voice Of God in the 1950s biblical epics. Which, in this context, is a bit disconcerting.

We have become inundated with the deep, booming voice-over in trailers for end-of-the-world movies and, nowadays, it's a bit of a turn off.

The tone, intonation and professionalism is there but... it just needs calming down a bit. Not so much Cronkite, more Dan Rather.

Hmm - I liked the voice the best - I think it is the common thread in the video to hold all the diverse pieces together

Blog Entries

I think this was a great improvement in looks over what I can remember of the original trailer.
    However, I did think it tried to impart too much information, too much justification. It felt rather more like I was being preached to by an evangelist than I was being persuaded that the arguments were worth looking into and therefore should buy the book in order to do so.
    In other workds - a bit too busy for my liking (which fits with the text you can't read in time)
    How did sales of the first edition go? It's still on my list of something to download to my Kindle at some point...
    Tim

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast