Thread: Pinnacle AV/DV card or eq.

Default Pinnacle AV/DV card or eq.

new here

I was looking at my local best buy and noticed the pinnacle AV/DV studio for $80. Jumped online and looked at some reviews. They were about 50/50 good/bad. I desparating need a card like this, with firewire and able to hook up a VCR or analog camcorder. I currently have studio SE 9.4.3, so software is not really an issue. Can you suggest any or have any opinions on the av/dv??? Thanx

2. Thumbs up Studio Av/DV PCI Card and Blue Breakout Box

Hi, I have used a Studio AV/Dv Card and Breakout box for the last 7 years. It also
    works as a Video Accellerator, I used it from V8 toV9 to V9+ and all were completely stable with as many Transitions or still photos as you wanted. This was all on a Pentium 4 1.6 with 512Mb of memory.
    I still have it but it is no good for my new computer with Vista, but at least with 4Mb of Ram and a 2.4 Quad 6600 it handles everything in Studio 11 Ultimate.
    I am keeping my card because I
    still have the old computer which runs XP so I am holding on to with it's 3 Hard drives. If you get the chance to buy a second hand Studio AV/DV card with the break-out box- Snap it up, you won't regret it.
    Brian

I have the AV/DV card in one of my older computers. It works okay, but I now prefer the external usb capture box. Then I can use it with any computer. Takes firewire and analog. You can get this from Pinnacle along with Studio 11 ultimate for an upgrade price I think if you have version 9.

Or you could win one if you join the Pinhead Project, Pimp the link thread. hehe.