Thread: Question about Green Screen Body Suits

1. Default Question about Green Screen Body Suits

Hey, guys- I have a low budget production coming up in the next couple of months for a music video, and have a question about green screen body suits. Basically, our goal is to have a band playing in front of the green screen, with all of them members besides the lead singer in green screen suits, achieving the effect of the instruments floating, drum sticks floating, etc.

The chroma key green screen suits go for twice as much as regular green skin suits, and i'm wondering if there's a significant difference between the effect I would be attempting. I've included links to both different kinds below, and they both look pretty similar to me:

A.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...9SIA0BS09D4326

B.

http://www.rakuten.com/prod/loadston...ngId=246030045

Appreciate everyone's time! Thank you!

-Ryan

Blog Entries

I doubt if there is any difference apart from the name.

Your main concern is not which one is the "correct" green but rather which one is the nearest green to your background. Unfortunately you'll only find this out once you've bought it as you can't tell the true colours in an advert.

It may be that the cheaper one is made of nylon, or a shiny material (which is not good for chromakeying), but it doesn't seem to be the case.

I'm sure you've thought of this but just in case you haven't, the guitarist arm will make the guitar look like it's got a who in it if it goes in front of the instrument. If this is the look you want then fine. If not you may be better off shooting the instruments separately against the green screen and adding the motion in post. This saves money on buying the green suits.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    I'm sure you've thought of this but just in case you haven't, the guitarist arm will make the guitar look like it's got a who in it if it goes in front of the instrument. If this is the look you want then fine. If not you may be better off shooting the instruments separately against the green screen and adding the motion in post. This saves money on buying the green suits.
    Appreciate the feedback!

What I'm thinking about doing is cutting off enough of the suits in the arms that it looks like floating hands playing floating instruments- the issue you brought up would also apply to the drumsticks as well. The idea behind the scene is to signify loneliness, with life going on around him that he doesn't feel a part of, and as we are going for more of an "artsy" feel, this may be even more interesting and effective. By then end of the scene, after cutting away to several others, we will see the full band playing, as throughout he transitions from a lonely state to being fully back into the flow of life.

Interesting idea, I hope it works out for you.

The secret is the lighting not the brand of suit