Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Full Scholarship Contest, Please Vote!

Exclamation Full Scholarship Contest, Please Vote!

Hello everyone,

I have recently entered a contest to possibly win a full scholarship to Vancouver Film School (Canada). Essentially the school picks winners for the scholarships, but if you don't win a scholarship, then you can win still possibly win a full scholarship through people voting for your video submission. A lot of the other submissions have a lot of votes, so I'm working hard and really reaching out to anyone who may help.

To vote, click the link below, scroll to the bottom of the page, and click vote with Facebook or Twitter. 15 seconds of your time could really help change my life! Please help me out and vote! It would be appreciated beyond belief.

Here is the link, thanks to everyone who helps:

http://vfs.edu/contests/myyear/submission/7YnyCAma

Brock

Since you put this under user videos I assume you are looking for feedback - on the plus side I think you have a great voice for narration - on the minus side I think the colors were washed out in many places - on the plus plus plus side I liked the placement of the lens flares - I love placing these all over my videos too

Oh and I can't vote because Facebook blows and twitter is for walking stool samples - so I don't use them - my bad I guess - but good luck

Some of the members of this forum have a lot of experience and can probably help you out a lot more than some second-rate film school where they take your money and make you shoot pointless videos of flowers and insects and what not - we'll make you shoot the same pointless videos but you can spend your money on beer - or you can go halfsies with slim bob on a case of peach schnapps
    Last edited by zamiotana; 09-25-2013 at 01:14 AM.

I voted for you Brock, BUT I used my wife's Facebook account because I agree with Zam about Facebook and Twitter. I'm aloud to though because I'm over fifty.

Oh, if you ever need advice on pointless flowers and insects videos I'm your man.

Thanks Midnight! I really appreciate it. As for the bug and flower video tips, I'll keep it in mind :P.

zamiotana, I wasn't expecting feedback, but I'll take it :P. I actually have a cold and hate hearing my own voice, or even seeing myself for that matter, in my videos. So thanks for the confidence boost! Which colours did you find washed out? I've been using Davinci Resolve for my last few videos for colour correction and loving it. That may be the reason the colours were a bit washed out (I tend to overdo it when I'm enjoying myself). Lastly, I didn't add any flares, they were actually natural off the stage lights. It's by far my favorite shot, hence why I placed in the "Creative" sentence of my narrative.

Thanks to anyone else who may vote! Every vote counts!

Brock

I just realized that my uncle Vito has a Facebook account - I can probably talk him into voting for you - and that would make you part of the family

Quote Originally Posted by zamiotana View Post
    I just realized that my uncle Vito has a Facebook account - I can probably talk him into voting for you - and that would make you part of the family
    That would be incredible! Also, is there any sort of "Initiation" to become a part of the family. When you have a name like Uncle Vito and mention becoming a part of the family it the same sentence, it seems that there may be a catch. :P. Just kidding. Thanks a million.

P.S. I'm still curious which shots you found washed out and what you think should have been done differently? This is for my own personal growth as a film-maker because I always think I'm good to go, then I post it here and have my heart ripped out and stomped on... Ok, maybe not that harsh, but you get the point .

Blog Entries

I thought it was really good, but ...

Quote Originally Posted by BrockT View Post
    zamiotana, I wasn't expecting feedback, but I'll take it :P.
    So you hadn't even shown us the courtesy of reading the guidelines for posting. For that reason I will not be voting for it.

As for washed out. Take a look at 0:16 and compare it with all the shots preceding it.
    Tim

So you hadn't even shown us the courtesy of reading the guidelines for posting. For that reason I will not be voting for it.
    Bit harsh Tim.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    Bit harsh Tim.
    Your opinion, my grumpiness
    Seriously, why post in a section for critique if you don't want critique?
    On the plus side, he didn't spam it across all the sections, so maybe I will vote if I'm in a better mood later
    Tim

Just have a couple of glasses of the red stuff and later, if you're still feeling grumpy, I'll post a really crap video and you can take it out on me.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast