Thread: AVI from studio 9 to Elements

Default AVI from studio 9 to Elements

Hello,

This is my first post althjough I've been reading the forum for some time and am grateful to all who take the time to help members, especially as we newbies must ask questions you've covered numerous times. I've searched unsuccessfully to try and avoid repetition with this one so, apologies in advance if it's been answered before.

My Studio 9 (4.3) has suddenly developed problems (crashes, currupted video files). I'd like to download the trial version of Adobe Elements but would it import an AVI file created in Studio and allow me to re-edit?

Also, if I removed the Studio 9 programme and re-installed it would the files I've already created with it be OK (I'm assuming they would not be deleted with the programme?)

best wishes

joemac

I don't know Studio9 but if what it creates are real/pure .avi files, there's no reason why you couldn't edit them in Premiere Elements. And no, there's no reason why uninstalling Studio9 would remove all your imported/edited files - IF you use the uninstall wizard that came with the program (i.e. you don't just try and delete the folder where Studio 9 is installed). To be double sure, though, you could always find them and copy them into a new/different directory. Just a thought, though: it might be useful to try to identify why Studio9 is doing what it's doing - there may be an issue there that will similarly affect Elements.
    Premiere Pro, Encore, Photoshop, Ulead VS6, WXP Pro, Core 2 Duo, 2GB, 2 x 250GB SATA3 drives, 2 x 250GB USB 2 external drive, DVD writer, GeForce 7300 GS 256MB

The biggest fool can ask questions that the wisest man cannot answer...

You could also put the files on a usb pen( i think)

Luke: I'm not sure that USB pen has been invented yet - unless what he's got are only 5 second files...
    Premiere Pro, Encore, Photoshop, Ulead VS6, WXP Pro, Core 2 Duo, 2GB, 2 x 250GB SATA3 drives, 2 x 250GB USB 2 external drive, DVD writer, GeForce 7300 GS 256MB

The biggest fool can ask questions that the wisest man cannot answer...