Thread: Saving to DV tape - audio problem.

Default Saving to DV tape - audio problem.

Hello,

I have a 7 minute film on Movie Maker II. I have added three songs loaded to my computer from CD via Window media player. My problem comes When I try to save to DV camera (which I need to do to then load into Pinnicle to make a DVD. For some reason the audio breaks up at the end of the film, over the titles. I use XP and have managed to do this succesfully in the past. I have saved the video seperately to the audio within my PC then added the sound and saved that to DV within my PC (to eliminate the 'skipping audio' problem MMII has), but still the audio won't work properly. Any suggestions would be apprecied.

Blog Entries

If I understand correctly you are exporting to your cam, then capturing to your PC. Cut out the middle man and create a DV AVI file from Windows Movie Maker.

Default DV-AVI

Thank you for your reply. Yes, I would convert to avi within Movie Maker, but I have found that Pinnacle Instant doesn't recognise the AVI that Movie Maker creates. Again I realise I may be doing something fundamentally wrong. Also, what are your thoughts on the fact audio I use from CD (ripped via Windows Media player) is 44.1kHz 16bit, yet Movie Maker works at 48kHz. Would you agree this may cause audio problerms?