Thread: August Video Number 2

Default August Video Number 2

Here is the second video we made during August as part of the Music Video a Month project, to replace the one we missed in July

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aAa9...ature=youtu.be

hope you like

I this one appeals much more to my aesthetic. I like this a lot. For me it was a multi level message, whether that was intended or not I don't know. I thought the visuals went perfectly with the song. My only crit. is that I wouldn't have had the blue cast on the dressing shots but that's just my personal taste.

Good job guys.

Thanks MB, the multi level message thing was intentional, would be cool to understand what they were to you?
    With the blue - we were trying to match up with the external shots

Well I mostly got the metaphor of the bubble wrap being a protective shell, so even if you do have the courage to go outside, you are still protected. I suppose ditto for the cardboard box but more about hiding yourself with the box. We all do it to a degree I suppose. Sometimes the hardest thing to be, is to just be yourself. Just having the confidence to say to the world "this is me".

Blog Entries

Just for balance, I much preferred the other August vid. This is actually as much down to the song content as the video (I don't mean the style of music, I mean the "message"). This one is all so tediously introspective.
    Not a criticism of the videos, they fit the songs.
    Tim

"would be cool to understand what they were to you?":
    Two pieces of rubbish are discarded senselessly in the countryside, wanting to share their common purpose (that of being protective items). Even within the world of inert objects, those things we forget are still related to each other. But their desire to come together is now impossible. Their only chance of life together is to be next to each other, but neither can help the other. "Open my box" cries the man; "pop my bubbles" says the girl. But nothing can be done and the cycle (or perhaps the re-cycle) of life has failed.

I may have missed the point, but that's because I did not listen to the audio.

Quote Originally Posted by TimAndrews View Post
    "would be cool to understand what they were to you?":
    Two pieces of rubbish are discarded senselessly in the countryside, wanting to share their common purpose (that of being protective items). Even within the world of inert objects, those things we forget are still related to each other. But their desire to come together is now impossible. Their only chance of life together is to be next to each other, but neither can help the other. "Open my box" cries the man; "pop my bubbles" says the girl. But nothing can be done and the cycle (or perhaps the re-cycle) of life has failed.

I may have missed the point, but that's because I did not listen to the audio.
    Love It!