Thread: multi media player

Default multi media player

Our club film shows have become increasingly shambolic. The guy who runs the projector is getti g on a bit and often the films are started and stopped early or .... Not at all :-/
    I am going to suggest we get some kind of multi media player with its own playback software to simplify Operation. I'm thinking something that has a DVD drive to play DVD's up to 1080p, has USB input to play films from a memory stick maybe external hard drive connection I realise there's a chance such a device might make it more difficult for our video guy but hopefully if it has it's own playback software he"ll be ok. Also it would make it easier for members to enter films from memory sticks, external hard drives etc ...

Any suggestions?
    Last edited by enc; 09-15-2013 at 12:49 PM.
    'No longer are the pleasures of Home Movie Making limited to those with ample funds. Now the man and woman of moderate means can join the sport'..... Kodak catalogue 1933

What do you currently use ?

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    What do you currently use ?
    A dvd player connected to projector. 720p max
    'No longer are the pleasures of Home Movie Making limited to those with ample funds. Now the man and woman of moderate means can join the sport'..... Kodak catalogue 1933

My best suggestion is a laptop providing you can get one with the correct output to the projector. Then all he would have to do is double click the right file and it plays and you can have 1080p resolution. For those who brings a DVD/BluRay to the evenings presentation, the laptop should have a BluRay drive so all he has to do is put the disk in the player and it will auto play.

I can't think how he could mess up using a DVD player but I'm not over retirement age.

I know you can gat BluRay/ HDD combined players but I don't see that this would be any simpler than the current DVD player.

I can't think how he could mess up using a DVD player but I'm not over retirement age.

r.
    believe me, anything is possible with him at the controls !!!

we have a trivention coming up ....hope it goes a little smoother than the last one

You could always spike his drink and take over doing it yourself.

Blog Entries

When we last upgraded at Staines we bought a BluRay recorder. This has analogue and HDMI output so we can run the analogue to the monitor at the projection desk and the HDMI to the projector. It also has a variety of inputs so we can hook up S-Video or whatever, should teh need arise. The USB input was a disappointment. Despite the blurb in the lieterature, we found it able to play only a very limited number of files.

On the IAC forum "col" recommends some Western Digital media player with built in hard drive which is what they use to project at their club. Might be worth checking out.
    Tim

You could always spike his drink and take over doing it yourself.
    he wouldnt like that

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post

On the IAC forum "col" recommends some Western Digital media player with built in hard drive which is what they use to project at their club. Might be worth checking out.
    Thanks Tim, ill check it out.