Thread: Request for Rendering Help

Atlantic Canada

Exclamation Request for Rendering Help

Hello Everyone!

I am brand new to this forum, and I must say I am incredibly happy that I found it. Recently, my media business was contracted to produce a television show for our local community TV station.

Essentially, I have everything edited together in the .vf format. It is now time to render my video. I have tried everything possible but I cannot seem to achieve these performance standards. Is there anyone that can tell me how to do this?

Performance Standards
    Bit Rate
    Video 5.5 Mbps
    Audio (stereo) 0.192 Mbps

Video Encode Format
    H.264 4:2:0 <- This is the most confusing section to me... does it mean a .avi .mpg or what?

Frame Rate
    59.94 <- Also confusing, as my only option seems to be 29.something

I seem to be solid on Audio, but for some reason I cannot get these stats to work. Vegas doesn't seem to be giving me an option for this resolution either!

I appreciate any help!

This might work for them. Use the Sony AVC/MVC (mp4) format with the Internet 1280x720-30p template and change the frame rate to 59.94 and the bit rate to 5,500,000. I don't know if that will give you a 4:2:0 colour space but I think so.

Jordan, there is so much you need to be/get clear on.

1/- What is your initial footage? Frame rate and colour space? Can you put a sample through MediaInfo - a free download s/w - to tell us what you have.

2/- I see you are based in Canada. What TV format do you deal with there? Did you shoot in that framerate?

3/- "H.264 4:2:0 <- This is the most confusing section to me... does it mean a .avi .mpg or what?" H.264/MPEG-4 Part 10 or AVC (Advanced Video Coding) is a standard for video compression. You're being asked for high definition up to and including BluRay. It is a standard using MPEG not AVI. Does your camera shoot in 4:2:0?

4/- The Project file is VF, as you know, this is not a media file. From that though it tells me you are using Vegas Media Studio or something along those lines. Does your VMS s/w give you variations of Templates as MB is inviting you to pick?

Jordan, I've just done this as a test for myself using my own 23.976 fps MOV 4:2:0 footage - looks quite nice. When I bring it back into a new Vegas Project it comes back as 59.xx which is defined as Double NTSC.