Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: Breaking Bad - Exposed [Season 5, Episodes 09-12 Recap]

  1. #1

    Default Breaking Bad - Exposed [Season 5, Episodes 09-12 Recap]



    A 6minute recap of the first half of Breaking Bad's SE05B..
    I might make a second part, though it will be much more difficult..

    What do you think? Anything to improve? Anything that you really liked?

  2. #2

    Default

    Relax with the whole "you need permission" thing. Worst comes to worst, his video will come down or -maybe- his account will be suspended.
    That used to happen very often but not so much the last years. Companies have understood that they can profit from these kind of videos. So the most probable scenario is that his video may also stream advertisements. And the money will go directly to the company/ies that own the rights of the video/audio material.

    Simple as that..

  3. #3

    Default

    It's blocked on copyright grounds !

  4. #4

    Default

    Oh well.. What can you do?

  5. #5

    Default

    Nah, doesn't help.. I've tried that before..
    Maybe I'll post it on another website

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    4,192
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Actually, the worst that could happen is that the owner of the stolen audio could take you to court, as could the owners of the images. The cameramen who shot those images could (and should) demand repeat fees every time it is shown. So, although the BBC owns the images, the people who created them are entitle to a fee.

    All this would be investigated by FACT who would give you the option of paying a lump sum, which includes their fees and would be from a few hundred pounds, to a few thousand. Or risk a court case in which you run the risk of paying the fees and having all your video and computer equipment confiscated.

    So, as well as profiting from work done by other people (It doesn't have to be a monetary gain, your are using the work of others to raise your profile) it could cost you a lot of money.

    That's why you shouldn't "relax with the whole permission thing". Every few months someone ends up losing everything. It could be you...

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OneOfTheSmurfs View Post
    That used to happen very often but not so much the last years.
    What evidence is there? Do they regularly publish the number of requests and the results?

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TimAndrews View Post
    What evidence is there? Do they regularly publish the number of requests and the results?

    I'm talking out of experience,,

    Copyright holders use Content ID to easily identify and manage their content on YouTube. Videos uploaded to YouTube are scanned against a database of files that have been submitted to us by content owners. When Content ID identifies a match between your video and a file in this database, it applies the policy chosen by the content owner. Content owners may choose the following policies:
    Monetize: If ads that you did not enable appear on or before your video, the content owner has applied a Monetize policy.
    Block: If the content owner has chosen a Block policy, your video will either not be viewable on YouTube, or its audio will be muted. The owner may choose to allow content within your video to play in some countries while blocking it in others. While you may not be able to see your video, or hear its audio, people in other regions may still be able to view and interact with it as usual. You will still be able to view, moderate, and respond to comments on the video from the Comments page in My Messages.
    Track: If the content owner has chosen a Track policy, your video will be unaffected. However, its viewership statistics will appear in the content owner's YouTube Analytics account.


    Until relatively lately, "block" was the only option.. The video was taken down immediately and you got one Copyright Strike.. Now, believe me, that's a lot more rare..

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rembrandt Rob View Post
    Actually, the worst that could happen is that the owner of the stolen audio could take you to court, as could the owners of the images. The cameramen who shot those images could (and should) demand repeat fees every time it is shown. So, although the BBC owns the images, the people who created them are entitle to a fee.

    All this would be investigated by FACT who would give you the option of paying a lump sum, which includes their fees and would be from a few hundred pounds, to a few thousand. Or risk a court case in which you run the risk of paying the fees and having all your video and computer equipment confiscated.

    So, as well as profiting from work done by other people (It doesn't have to be a monetary gain, your are using the work of others to raise your profile) it could cost you a lot of money.

    That's why you shouldn't "relax with the whole permission thing".
    Do you have anything to back this with? I'm not talking about 2 or 3 cases.. Keep in my mind how often a copyrighted video is uploaded on YouTube.. What's the proportion here? One in how many thousands videos ends up in "court"? Really, you are worried about that chance? Sorry, but it's ridiculous..

    Quote Originally Posted by Rembrandt Rob View Post
    Every few months someone ends up losing everything. It could be you...
    Well, I'm more than happy to take that risk.. I like to live my life to the limits.. Carpe diem and stuff..



    PS: Sorry for the double post

  10. #10

    Default

    You should have asked the copyright holder for a license agreement.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. A Movie Recap Video To Introduce Myself
    By KmD in forum User Videos
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-29-2013, 01:26 AM
  2. New Member - Boogie Man Episodes
    By BoogieIAm in forum Just for fun
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-04-2011, 06:52 AM
  3. Some good intro/recap/preview music?
    By firemyst in forum Pre Production
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-03-2010, 01:46 PM
  4. BNP exposed
    By Mark W in forum User Videos
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-01-2007, 01:41 AM
  5. My War Scrapbook Episodes
    By Karbine in forum User Videos
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-11-2005, 04:24 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •