Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Our 1st official music video is finally finished!

Default Our 1st official music video is finally finished!

A month ago or so, I posted a very early, unfinished version featuring the performance shot scenes from the first official music video my small video productions company is making for a local Michigan band to get some feedback from you guys of the color correcting and overall look, which helped tremendously. Well we wrapped up the 3rd and final day of shooting yesterday, and I put the finishing touches on it this morning. The client has a contact at Blank TV, so hopefully it will be public on their YouTube channel soon.

So here it is, let me know what you guys think...

I think you have made a very good video, especially for your first time. I like that you have "grunged" up the look as before it looked too clean, I think it looks better and is more fitting to the piece.

I've no idea what it was all about and I think I'm better off not knowing. It's the first music video I've seen where someone has their penis cut off.

Very well done.

Thanks for the kind words MB! We actually had to reattach and lop it off several times. The 1st run through was supposed to be the only run through, since once you cut it it's cut. Well one of his family friends snapped a damn picture right in the middle of the shot! It ended up that I didn't have it properly framed anyways since the guy getting cut didn't know I had his face in it. So we coordinated the shot differently so that he was already cutting when the camera panned down. As for what it all means, thats a good question, but how he wanted it.

Blog Entries

I agree with everything midnight says. I like the progress you're making. The is a big step up from what we've previously seen.
    Tim

I thought it was many times better. Well done. Best of all is how the OP had carefully considered all the points raised in the earlier thread.

Thank you Tim's! It's definitely much a different approach than the live performance videos I have become known for around here in Michigan. It's a much slower process, the ability to do multiple takes, a concept and storyboard to go off of. Live concert filming style is a total different beast, such as zooming during the shot being allowed and used quite often, and the over saturation of color from the stage lights. I like doing both, but prefer the control I have with actual music videos.

Next big project will hopefully be a small business' commercial and some product profiling, which I am totally unfamiliar with.

Hi

Loved the video, amazing for a first attempt.
    Not my sort of music but I still really enjoyed it so you've done well to create a video to keep a viewer engaged with the song.
    Not as a criticism but a suggestion, it was a nice sunny day which is great for filming but a touch incongrous for the song? That mismatch could of course be a good and deliberate thing with the band thrashing about screaming about death whilst it's a lovely summer day in the background. But it may have been worth trying some sort of post prod filters to darken the feel up? as I say just a suggestion and in no way to take away from what is a very talented piece of filming.

Quote Originally Posted by MYTOYROCKBAND View Post
    Loved the video, amazing for a first attempt.
    Not my sort of music but I still really enjoyed it so you've done well to create a video to keep a viewer engaged with the song.
    Not as a criticism but a suggestion, it was a nice sunny day which is great for filming but a touch incongrous for the song? That mismatch could of course be a good and deliberate thing with the band thrashing about screaming about death whilst it's a lovely summer day in the background. But it may have been worth trying some sort of post prod filters to darken the feel up? as I say just a suggestion and in no way to take away from what is a very talented piece of filming.
    I completely agree with you!

Thank you very much for the feedback MYTOYROCKBAND and NBV. The band did specifically pick out those days we filmed, and I personally have had very limited experience shooting in such highly sunny conditions, so I wasn't prepared with an ND filter to help battle the brightness. I did do quite a bit of color correcting in post to get it to where it ended up though.

Image3.jpgImage4.jpgImage5.jpg

The music was an affront to my senses but the video was very well done

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast