Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How to make a million dollars or pounds I guess

Default How to make a million dollars or pounds I guess

Here is the first instalment in my new series - hope you enjoy

Last edited by zamiotana; 09-14-2013 at 02:26 AM.

I have know ideas to help with your scheme, it's all way above my head but wish you luck.

Im just hoping to play it by ear - the main thing will be whether people will end up buying my app or not but that's still a ways off - also Jakub takes up about 500 mb of disk space and this is way too big for an app - and I don't want to go with a server-based app like siri

So what is it Jakub can do that Siri can't, in other words what is the USP ? (unique selling point) Apart from work in android phones and not apple.

For starters Jakub makes suggestions out of the blue rather than waiting for you to ask a question - plus he has an avatar - plus he converses in a universal language of pictograms rather than words

Actually I could use suggestions for my treasure hunt since I have only got three clues done so far - the library book - a set of lat long coordinates - and a twitter account - what would be the next clue?

Jakub makes suggestions out of the blue rather than waiting for you to ask a question
    OMG ! That would drive me crazy. I don't even like my satnav telling me what to do.

It sounds very clever and if that's the sort of thing the kids want then that's great. I think your idea of aiming at the college kids is a good idea as this will be your target age group I guess. You could start a whole viral thing going across all the net.

I followed a web series called Guidestones (A Canadian Production that is now on CTV) which had clues in it that helped you solve puzzles to get to the next level that moved along with the next episode etc. A bit like your idea but on a much bigger scale. I don't know if you are up to doing a whole drama series but you could start some sort of mystery find the clues game across different platforms on the net. Like twitter, YouTube etc.

The real trick is to promote it massively which would take a lot of work and money to do right.
    Last edited by Midnight Blue; 08-31-2013 at 09:04 PM.

That would be awesome except I have a few steps to go - I'm going to drop the first clue off at the university this week so that should be my next instalment of video

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    OMG ! That would drive me crazy. I don't even like my satnav telling me what to do.

It sounds very clever and if that's the sort of thing the kids want then that's great. I think your idea of aiming at the college kids is a good idea as this will be your target age group I guess. You could start a whole viral thing going across all the net.

I followed a web series called Guidestones (A Canadian Production that is now on CTV) which had clues in it that helped you solve puzzles to get to the next level that moved along with the next episode etc. A bit like your idea but on a much bigger scale. I don't know if you are up to doing a whole drama series but you could start some sort of mystery find the clues game across different platforms on the net. Like twitter, YouTube etc.

The real trick is to promote it massively which would take a lot of work and money to do right.
    actually you don't have to worry about suggestions bothering you because he communicates via pictures rather than words - he will also make some sounds but they aren't words as we know them

Much humour. And, as I have learnt to expect from Zamiotana; a natural and amusing delivery. It is a good example of where the hopeless poor camera shots appear entirely acceptable.

[OTT]Perhaps it was Jakub who suggested using this marketing system. Whilst selling the first million will be easy, I am anxious about the upgrade costs, as Users will demand Mrs Jakup and their kids, each chipping in with their opinions. Will owners be able to connect their apps to create virtual forums of unhelpful advice?[/OTT]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast