Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A few doubts relating to video editing. Please help me out!

Question A few doubts relating to video editing. Please help me out!

1. So can someone please clarify if it's tough or easy to change the background view in a video (through video editing)? And which video editing software would you suggest?

2. Also I've observed in a videos where the background view is all blurring but the person on focus is very clear. So how's this possible?

3. Is it possible to both the things I've mentioned in 1 & 2? (I mean changing the background view and at the same time blurring it as well)

Sorry if you find these questions lame....

Thanks in anticipation?`
    Last edited by wowcoolxd; 08-31-2013 at 04:59 PM.

Yes. Both are possible. The difficulty of the procedure depends on the content of the video and the software used.

yes it's possible but hard

Thanks for your reply. But which video editing software would you suggest me?
    (I use Windows OS)

Look up chroma keying foe exchanging the background. A narrow depth of field (blurred background) can by reached by using a wide aperture (small F-Value) and/or fully zoomed lens.

Quote Originally Posted by XXLRay View Post
    Look up chroma keying foe exchanging the background. A narrow depth of field (blurred background) can by reached by using a wide aperture (small F-Value) and/or fully zoomed lens.
    Thanks for your reply. But please help me out as to which video editing software will be better for me (I use Windows OS)..

I recommend:
    1) studying XXLRay's post and to understand the concept of "keying" and also the term "rotoscoping".
    2) Examining applications (all available for Free trials) such as VEGAS, PREMIERE, AFTER EFFECTS.
    3) Consider your Video and choose which method to use.

However, the procedure for "change the background view in a video" may be very difficult to achieve, and unless the basics are understood, one can easily lose alot of time doing the wrong thing.

Perhaps you could upload an example of the video. Perhaps someone may make a more helpful suggestion. We all want you to succeed, but you need to be clearer about the task your are wanting to do. Separating is sometimes easy (and why many folk use "green screens"), but it would be more difficult to separate a camouflaged soldier from a jungle scene.

Hoping that is useful and makes some sense.

Quote Originally Posted by TimAndrews View Post
    I recommend:
    1) studying XXLRay's post and to understand the concept of "keying" and also the term "rotoscoping".
    2) Examining applications (all available for Free trials) such as VEGAS, PREMIERE, AFTER EFFECTS.
    3) Consider your Video and choose which method to use.

However, the procedure for "change the background view in a video" may be very difficult to achieve, and unless the basics are understood, one can easily lose alot of time doing the wrong thing.

Perhaps you could upload an example of the video. Perhaps someone may make a more helpful suggestion. We all want you to succeed, but you need to be clearer about the task your are wanting to do. Separating is sometimes easy (and why many folk use "green screens"), but it would be more difficult to separate a camouflaged soldier from a jungle scene.

Hoping that is useful and makes some sense.

My videos won't be of much complexity. I'll be just standing before the camera (giving a speech). And my background view will be a white call (not pure white; but somewhat).

If you don't have the video yet, you have time to evaluate the s/w which I suggested (I recommend, in particular, Sony "Vegas").
    I don't think anyone can guess the best/easiest system until they see the video.
    I recommend trying the software, using any video clip for testing. Consider the software's options for keying or masking, or (in a worst case scenario 'rotoscoping').

Maybe Windows Movie maker can already do the job but I haven't used it. I work with openshot but this is currently only available for Linux.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast