Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DVD Architect adding files to menu

1. Default DVD Architect adding files to menu

Hi, can anybody help please. I can't add files from the explorer window to the project menu. When I try dragging a file, as soon as I leave the explorer window it turns to a circle with a diagonal line through it. If I double click a file it appears in the workspace but I can't add files its just replaces the file that was there before. What am I doing wrong?

London, England

Hi -

Which DVDA version are you using -and have you used this software for some while and it's suddenly stopped doing this? . . OR . . . is this something you need and can't achieve?

I'm hardly a Power User, but find SVMS / DVDAS (Studio version) are pretty poor on "Text" handling,
    = although you can Edit Text as each Media piece is dragged-in. OR click-select.
    The Title can be similarly Edited too . . .

-but unless you have to, Don't makes titles too good; as it might show up the Content - there needs to be some Balance, IMHO.

That Circle/bar is saying Illegal operation . . . . but it could be you have to wait for an earlier Op as well.
    Last edited by vidmanners; 08-28-2013 at 03:58 PM.

are you trying to add unsupported source file formats?
    I suppose you watched the How to Add Titles tutorial (Show Me How)?
    Last edited by vkmast; 08-28-2013 at 04:32 PM.

4. Default

Hi thanks for the reply, I have DVA 5.0 I have had it a while but only made one blu-ray disc with menus before now, and had no trouble dragging files to the menu on that occasion. I am using simple titles just two or three words.
    Last edited by royhuntington; 08-28-2013 at 04:31 PM.

Surrey, UK
    Blog Entries

What sort of files are you trying to add? Are you sure these are rendered video files of a format DVDA can accept.
    I'm having a bit of trouble undertsanding what you mean by "If I double click a file it appears in the workspace" In what are you double clicking on a file (ie where is it in the screen) and what do you mean by the "workspace".
    A screen grab would be useful.

Since the subject "Titles" was brought up in a previous post, the OP might want to remember that (in DVDA) the term title can have two meanings when discussing discs: the text you see at the top of a menu page is a title, but the term also refers to the items on the disc. A title can be any video, picture compilation, or music/video compilation in your project (quoted from the DVDAS tutorial I mentioned).

7. Default

Well progress of sorts, I can drag files to the menu using older video files just not the latest ones which are full HD 1920x1080p, so it looks like there lies the problem. Am I correct in thinking I should be able to as long as audio is in stereo? Also I should have explained I am using movie studio HD platinum. screen grab.jpgWhat I referred to as the workspace is the blue screen. Thanks

9. Default

I'm still having the same problem, it's got to be the me doing something wrong. There are so many ways to render I guess I'm not choosing the right one.
    I am away for a week so it will have to wait, thanks for all your help so far..........Roy
    Last edited by royhuntington; 08-30-2013 at 12:51 PM.

London, England

If you are using SVMS (for the Editing), then you are more-than-likely to be using DVDAS (ie the Studio version)...?

Have you progressed through the ShowMeHows (ie for DVDAS) ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast