Thread: 3.55:1 aspect ratio on 4k footage?

1. Question 3.55:1 aspect ratio on 4k footage?

Hey guys, i'm editing some RED epic 4k footage shot in 1.9:1 wondering if it's possible to crop to 3.55:1 after we already shot- i've been looking around on a couple forums and seems like everyone says it needs to be shot that way and am not finding much for post cropping. It's not crucial, however would give us a more stylized look as far as where we direct the viewer's eyes- if anyone has any info, please let me know!

Thanks, guys!

You can of course crop of top and bottom to change the ratio. Are you shooting at least 3840 Pixels wide?

3. Default

We shot 4096 x 2160
    Would your suggestion be, in adobe premiere, to add the crop effect from the effects menu? I'm wondering if there's a matte or filter i can lay overtop so i can adjust the framing accordingly beneath it with the position

I don't use Adobe Premiere but openshot on Linux. I think even ffmpeg should be able to do it from the command line but I don't know the depending options from my head.