Thread: New Music video Needs advice and cc please.

Default New Music video Needs advice and cc please.

Hello bruh Im Phillip Lamarr and I shoot, edit, and direct music videos, If anyone is interested in working with me please feel free to contact me here or via my website www.philliplamarr.com
    Last edited by PhillipLamarr; 08-22-2013 at 04:38 AM.

Take off all that film burn effect. I don't know if you got any shot in focus because of all the FXs. I suspect this was just shot without any planning apart from "I know lets dress up like zombies". It comes across like you just filmed your mates messing around with an iPhone and randomly edited the shots together.

If this is the result you wanted well done you succeeded but I'm afraid it doesn't appeal at all to me but does reflect the ridiculously cheap prices on your website. You can't make a living working at a loss like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    Take off all that film burn effect. I don't know if you got any shot in focus because of all the FXs. I suspect this was just shot without any planning apart from "I know lets dress up like zombies". It comes across like you just filmed your mates messing around with an iPhone and randomly edited the shots together.

If this is the result you wanted well done you succeeded but I'm afraid it doesn't appeal at all to me but does reflect the ridiculously cheap prices on your website. You can't make a living working at a loss like that.
    Thank you for your opinion bruh...
    Last edited by PhillipLamarr; 08-22-2013 at 04:36 AM.

Most shots of the first half are too dark for my taste. This might for for a horror movie (although I think they usually exaggerate dark scenes) but this is a music video. The second half does not offer much (visual) variation.

Your graphic design is great, but you make it hard for people to treat you like a pro with a free website and pretty bland homepage.

It's dirt cheap to own a domain of your own, and as a great graphic designer your homepage could and should be outstanding.

I probably know where you are coming from with the 'sale' thing, but you open yourself up to undercutting others and devaluing yourself. It's not something that can be quantified, but if you don't feel it, others will, and it will not be the great marketing idea you think it is.

You seem capable of building a reasonable pro portfolio, so do that and then plug your website, there's nothing worse than spending time advertising a site that is half baked, your first 100 visitors are your most likely to be customers or referrers to others, you can't afford to disappoint them because they won't come back.

I'd say you passed graphic school with flying colours, but you need to find the business nerd in Class B, the one that will give you a proper market strategy, because right now you are not doing your image any favours.

Quote Originally Posted by Stripe View Post

I probably know where you are coming from with the 'sale' thing, but you open yourself up to undercutting others and devaluing yourself. It's not something that can be quantified, but if you don't feel it, others will, and it will not be the great marketing idea you think it is.
    Ditto that.