Thread: Record multiple HD videos simultaneously?

Default Record multiple HD videos simultaneously?

I'm looking for software that can record 2 camera's at the same time. Today I'm pressing record on two camera's and having to sync the video's in premiere afterwards, which is painfull and manual.

Which software can record more than one video input at the same time in HD quality (I want to use my Canon DSLR and Logitech HD webcam)?

The only one I have found so far is Vidblaster broadcast which is 1200 Euro. There must be other solutions I guess (not looking at security camera recording software or multiple stream recording software, which is typically not HD and/or wouldn't work with a DSLR).

Any experience or advise?

Quote Originally Posted by behgez View Post
    having to sync the video's in premiere afterwards, which is painfull and manual.
    It should not be, if one uses a clapperboard (or perhaps get someone in front of the cams to clap their hands).

Buy a flash gun, Hit record on all cameras, press the flash, and sync the camers accordingly.

Takes me seconds to do it that way in the timeline.

p.s The flash on an Iphone would do it as well

5. Default

I'm using Movie Edit Pro and it is very easy to do multi cam editing. Timecode or not, shouldn't be an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by camgirl26 View Post
    I'm using Movie Edit Pro and it is very easy to do multi cam editing. Timecode or not, shouldn't be an issue.
    Do you not find the Magix software to be incredibly crash prone and buggy? Last time I used it the software was so bug ridden it kept crashing like nuts, granted this was a few years ago.

Bpotter908, is the flash really a good idea? I wonder that you might lose it "between frames" (although this is digital, I know), also wouldn't it affect the auto-exposure for a moment?
    I like the idea along with a clapper-board - which then aligns the Audio - and most software NLE's display the waveform. However with video you can be up to a half-frame out . . . . does that make sense?

However, I thought OP was trying to record two camera streams . . . . what has been suggested is possible on "all" Editors (but maybe not WIndows Live....)
    Indeed on SVMS I use two tracks "named for the different cameras", so I can apply corrections Track-wise - this covers colour balance, brightness and of course audio-levels, stereo pans etc. Unless cameras are identical (and set up similar), then some correction is almost always needed.