Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BEYOND, sci fi short film

Default BEYOND, sci fi short film

Arya is the last remaining member of her family, a lineage with a unique genetic code that grants the ability to survive the folding of temporal and spatial boundaries... In short, she can teleport. Tasked with exploring new planets, she is in search of something that will explain who exactly she is and where she comes from.
    Director: Raphael Rogers
    Producers: Raphael Rogers, Bianca Malinowski
    Talent: Bianca Malinowski, Andrew Varenhorst, Raphael Rogers
    More Info:
    For those interested, I shot this with a Canon c100. Lenses used were the Canon 24mm IS prime, the Canon 50mm 1.4, the 100mm Macro IS 2.8 and the Tokina 11-16mm. By far, most of it was shot on the 24 and the 100. The final shot was done with my trusty 5DII as it was a pickup. There was no crew on this shoot. Just myself and Bianca. The shoot took 3 days and post production took significantly longer. All the visuals were done in after effects. I used Element3D a good amount. Thank you to everyone who helped me out during all the time spent editing. You know who you are.
    Raphael's IMDB: imdb.com/name/nm4776738/
    Bianca's IMDB: imdb.com/name/nm2841629/
    Andrew's IMDB: imdb.com/name/nm2967554/

Cast: Raphael Rogers
    Tags: Beyond, canon c100, sci fi, short film, bianca malinowski, raphael rogers and science fiction

More...

While the above is well made, check out the next one. It is the best time lapse works I've ever seen. Stunning photography. You may want to turn off the sound when viewing.

'Oneness' is absolutely magnificent - Stunning photography and weeks of patience have obviously paid off, Love the soudtrack too!
    My opinions are just that . . . Mine. It's not personal, but is based on my emotional and professional reaction to requested critique. If you choose to ignore constructive comments, I'll just assume you're a vanity poster and not posting to improve your filming and editing skills.

Ex A.P.V Videomaker of the year - Ex M.M. IOV Come join my EXclusive club

I wouldn't have thought the hippy words would have been your thing zero.

I wish I had such a camera. Some shots in the beginning are too dark for my taste but in general the video is absolutely beautiful.

I was a hippy before the hippies arrived . . Man.
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    I wouldn't have thought the hippy words would have been your thing zero.
    My opinions are just that . . . Mine. It's not personal, but is based on my emotional and professional reaction to requested critique. If you choose to ignore constructive comments, I'll just assume you're a vanity poster and not posting to improve your filming and editing skills.

Ha Ha. Well peace to you brother.

Peas and love to you too

WOW !! and thats it really
    oh, apart from why do all robots sound like a cheap flanger FX pedal .... you would think with all the technology available "in that world" they would be able to synthesize the human voice more acculturately
    'No longer are the pleasures of Home Movie Making limited to those with ample funds. Now the man and woman of moderate means can join the sport'..... Kodak catalogue 1933

Your missing the point of the hijacked thread if you just watched Beyond. It wasn't the SciFi one it was the time lapes one that came after it on the list that we are commenting on.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast