Thread: Arma 3 Cinematic Story | A New Beginning

1. Default Arma 3 Cinematic Story | A New Beginning

I worked pretty hard on turning this Cinematic into a story and it turned out pretty well. Any feedback would be great!

That was either extremely interesting. Or maybe not.
    "ARMA3 beta" was only released recently; and this clip gives a insight into the quality of the graphics and scenarios. The strategy game (like others beforehand) will likely contain large numbers of props/actors/landscapes. This provides some inventive folk, like the OP (LCBradley3k), the opportunity to create stories. IMHO, that is more fun to watch than simply watching normal gameplay.

However. A problem persists. The game's scenarios have limited forms of drama, which make it difficult to depict any story. Whilst a story such as 'jack and the Beanstalk' could be told in using a warlike theme, the game does not include sufficient props and characters. My preference would be to use a modelling/animation app rather than rely on the game's pre-defined limitations.

I found the clip rather dull, but I did appreciate that the scenes were carefully (if somewhat not well timed) done. And I am looking forward to seeing more.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by TimAndrews View Post
    That was either extremely interesting. Or maybe not.
    "ARMA3 beta" was only released recently; and this clip gives a insight into the quality of the graphics and scenarios. The strategy game (like others beforehand) will likely contain large numbers of props/actors/landscapes. This provides some inventive folk, like the OP (LCBradley3k), the opportunity to create stories. IMHO, that is more fun to watch than simply watching normal gameplay.

However. A problem persists. The game's scenarios have limited forms of drama, which make it difficult to depict any story. Whilst a story such as 'jack and the Beanstalk' could be told in using a warlike theme, the game does not include sufficient props and characters. My preference would be to use a modelling/animation app rather than rely on the game's pre-defined limitations.

I found the clip rather dull, but I did appreciate that the scenes were carefully (if somewhat not well timed) done. And I am looking forward to seeing more.
    Thanks a lot for taking the time to give advice. Any specific parts that you found dull or wanted more expanding on?

Please ignore my comments on it being 'dull'. I am old, I don't play war games or films with lots of guns and killing.
    The story, as I could saw it was: A guy parachutes onto an island and with the aid of some guys in a helicopter. They manage to shoot lots of strangely static looking 'enemy'. The soundtrack appears to be wholly unrelated to the action.
    Telling a story is very old skill. Humans have been doing it well for a very long time. Is the viewer expected to care or to like the parachutist? Who are they? What is it about them that merits their heroic state?

I encourage you to read more posts in these Forums. Whilst most Forum members create clips using 'real' cameras; they face exactly the same issues with stories, narratives or documentaries. You are lucky, you can create the footage. Now is the hard part. What is, and how to tell a good "story".