Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Urgent: How Do You Capture 1080p HD Video Via Firewire?

Default Urgent: How Do You Capture 1080p HD Video Via Firewire?

Hello! I'm new here and I have a big issue :(

I've been trying to capture my footage for a month now... I have it in 1080p HD I can watch it back on my Camera with no problem, but when it comes to putting it on my PC that's another story...

Sony Vegas won't even pick the Firewire connection up, neither will after effects, Pinnicale Studio 16 however does, but only standard quality DV seems to work... If I try to capture that it works fine, but if I put my tape with the HD footage in, there is only a Black screen, with no sound... Please can someone help me I must be doing something wrong?

Google, YouTube... The whole internet has failed to help me so far, and the instruction manual for my device is 100% useless also! :(

Thanks.

Can you provide additional info..eg what camcorder this is. Make/Model
    What PC are you using - is it recent - where did you get the Firewire connection? This was popular some years ago but now most HD camcorders use SDHC cards - so Firewire indicates Old Tech.

Don't understand why the "internet has failed you" - but then maybe you don't know enough to ask the right questions - at least we can give it a go...

Pse explain the Operating System, PC spec and the version of Sony Vegas - For example I used a Firewire card installed for the purpose to download SD material from an old Sony (tape-based) camcorder. This seems to work OK, but perhaps I was lyucky as there seem to be many features that are greyed-out.
    My experience with Firewire convinces me that SDHC really is the Future.
    I use SVMovieStudio, v10

Good Luck.

Vegas was designed to Capture HDV via Firewire. Is that what you are trying to do?

Quote Originally Posted by vidmanners View Post
    Can you provide additional info..eg what camcorder this is. Make/Model
    What PC are you using - is it recent - where did you get the Firewire connection? This was popular some years ago but now most HD camcorders use SDHC cards - so Firewire indicates Old Tech.

Don't understand why the "internet has failed you" - but then maybe you don't know enough to ask the right questions - at least we can give it a go...

Pse explain the Operating System, PC spec and the version of Sony Vegas - For example I used a Firewire card installed for the purpose to download SD material from an old Sony (tape-based) camcorder. This seems to work OK, but perhaps I was lyucky as there seem to be many features that are greyed-out.
    My experience with Firewire convinces me that SDHC really is the Future.
    I use SVMovieStudio, v10

Good Luck.
    Hello!

My Camera is Sony HVR-A1E but the FireWire port is broken, so I use a JVC DV Player to get it to my PC.
    I am running Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit
    5GB Ram
    Intel Core 1 Quad CPU Q6600 @2.40GHz 2.40GHz
    Sony Vegas Pro 12
    Also Pinnicale Studio 16

I normally use Cameras with SD cards and can get HD easily and Render it with Sony Vegas with no issues.

But I bought this HVR-A1E hoping to use it to expand my video making Hobby into a business but getting the HD footage is becoming a pain! Normally if I have an issue YouTube has a video to solve mt problems, or Google...
    But this time it seems no one has made a Video on HD, only DV and the same for Google :(

I hope you can help!

Sony Vegas Pro 12 won't even pick my Player up, Pinnicle Studio does but only DV works, HD is black screen.

EDIT: I've got Vegas DV to work, HDV still won't work :(
    Last edited by RustySkull; 08-10-2013 at 02:07 PM.

Blog Entries

i've only doen this with an FX1e but from recollecton you need to telll the camera to output HDV footage AND Vegas (Or more accurately DevCap - the capture wotsit that Vegas opens up) that you're capturing HDV footage
    Tim

How do I tell the player to output HDV?

And also when I select HDV in Vegas, it says No Device Selected.

Is your JVC DV device meant to play HDV tapes? What model is it?

( Tim: VidCap )

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Grazie View Post
    ( Tim: VidCap )
    Ok maybe not more accurately, but slightly less innacurately
    Tim

It's a jvc sr-vs30 I was assured it can play HDV when I bought it :/

It's a "Professional editing unit" as it was described lol.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast