Thread: The Book of Life - Trailer

Default The Book of Life - Trailer

Trailer for a 20-minute short film I made in Scotland and China. Story is about a drug addict whose life is transformed when he encounters a young Christian woman.

Looks great, built it up nicely, although most of the narrative was what we've heard a million times before, (jesus, cross etc) which seemed like a waste of space when you could have been giving us dialogue more relevant to this particular story.

The music worked ok for the trailer, but seemed a bit stock music ordinary, or did you have it composed?

The film work was all good, and good learning for me to view. I'll look forward to the finished article

Good trailer guys. I'll be interested to see the finished film. It looks like your testing with fight scenes has worked very well for you.

Blog Entries

It looked really good to me. Nicely filmed and edited.
    What I thought let it down was the dialogue. The "God gave his only son ..." speech is fine as although unnatural, people who have seen the light/been converted/been indoctrinated (take your pick) tend to spout verbatim lines from teachings.
    But what really got to me was the line: "I want you to kill this man - in cold blood". Perhaps it is because it is taken out of context, but I find it reallly hard to imagine a circumastance where someone ordering a killing of a particular person would append the phrase "in cold blood". Maybe that's just me.
    Tim

Thanks for the comments everyone. I understand your point, Tim - I do think it makes more sense in the context, but maybe it is still a little too dramatic! :P