Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dolphin Trip in the Bahamas

Default Dolphin Trip in the Bahamas

Hey all,

New here, but wanted to share a recent edit I did from a trip to the Bahamas a few weeks ago. Curious to get critique / feedback from a community. Hope you enjoy!

Luke

Blog Entries

Looked like you had a great time and I bet you were glad to get the dolphin shots.
    I was a little put of by the numerous shots where the camera was neither levelled in relation to the sea/horizon (ideal) nor the boat (acceptable)
    You might try boosting the red end of teh spectrum for the sub marine shots. Reds disappear pretty quickly as you get deeper, but these were fairly near the surface and so you shoudl have some red content to wok with. Find shots of scuba divers and try to get their skin tones right.
    Whilst the music was appropriate foor some of teh party atmosphere on the boat, I thought it detracted from the sub marine shots.
    Nevertheless, an enjoyable watch and you gave it some sort of narrative, so it was clear when it was ending. Thanks for posting.
    Tim

It must have been fabulous to swim with the dolphins like that, I'm so envious.

I'll just say ditto to all Tim's comments as he's covered all the points except to remind you that a Go-Pro has a mid setting which doesn't have the fish eye issue.

Still an enjoyable video.

Thanks for the feedback guys, glad you liked it!

Was that a single music track? It had some really harsh transitions. Furthermore do I find the water drops on the final shot misfortune.

Misfortune, indeed. I could have zoomed in a bit maybe to fix that. Also, you're right - it wasn't one track, but 2. I realized the transitions were a bit harsh, but I kind of liked that a bit. But I like getting the feedback - it's helpful!

Maybe a dubstep style short pause would have worked better than fading the track into each other.

Yeah, I like the dubstep idea, that would have worked well!

Quote Originally Posted by XXLRay View Post
    Maybe a dubstep style short pause would have worked better than fading the track into each other.

Nothing wrong with that editing, you got the balance perfect for the viewer, you introduced everything as wanted, and showed the personal touches in between.

I didn't even notice the music edit, and the drops of water on the lens at the end, well it was fitting, so call it art, and just challenge others to replicate it - haha.

Just some fail on the lighting meant we couldn't see the faces at the end etc. I think you simply forgot to put the light behind the camera, as opposed to the natural thing of aiming at the light.
    Last edited by Stripe; 08-09-2013 at 12:44 PM.

I like that perspective on things too. I was happy with how the video came out - but have also appreciated the feedback for next time around.

Quote Originally Posted by Stripe View Post
    Nothing wrong with that editing, you got the balance perfect for the viewer, you introduced everything as wanted, and showed the personal touches in between.

I didn't even notice the music edit, and the drops of water on the lens at the end, well it was fitting, so call it art, and just challenge others to replicate it - haha.

Just some fail on the lighting meant we couldn't see the faces at the end etc. I think you simply forgot to put the light behind the camera, as opposed to the natural thing of aiming at the light.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast