Thread: In search of a video editor

Default In search of a video editor

So I'm part of an online music corroboration thing.

You can check out all our music to date here:

http://soundcloud.com/endureth

We're all hobbyist from USA, Germany and England who work online to produce original music. We covered quite a few different styles of music in our original compositions and we've been thinking about putting some of these and future songs to video.

We're looking for a dedicated and motivated hobbyist like us who just wants to be a part of creating something. If you have a good grasp on video editing for creative purposes, please respond with some examples of your work and maybe we can talk farther and do one of our songs and see if we want to move on with others.

Thanks for your time, hope you at least enjoy the songs.

I have no experience in music videos, but would like to gain some. Problem is I'm all the way in South Africa. I think you would probably get best result if you at least offer a basic payment though. Most video editors went to expensive schools to master the software and technical aspects of video post production and do you any idea how much an editing station costs? I wish I could help though, but a project like that will end up costing me money so it's probably for the better, I'm sure I'll get a chance to work on a music video in the future, problem with music videos are, most musicians are either not taken music seriously, or they are struggling artists who cannot afford a quality production. Of course you get the musicians who have made it and they really need music videos to stay ahead of the game, but artists like that wouldn't seek editors with zero music video experience. Catch 22, that is why (I guess) we need to do freebies once in a while to gain that experience. Anyway, Best of luck finding someone close to where you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Rian Coetzee View Post
    I think you would probably get best result if you at least offer a basic payment though. Most video editors went to expensive schools to master the software and technical aspects of video post production and do you any idea how much an editing station costs?
    Nope, but I reckon it's similar to the thousands I've paid for my amps, pedals, instruments, mixing software and loads of other stuff we needed to play and record the songs in the first place. And it doesn't matter how close someone is to us, we can use the Internet to pass files.

John, you've asked for an editor does that mean the footage will be provided or do you want "the editor" to make stuff ?

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    John, you've asked for an editor does that mean the footage will be provided or do you want "the editor" to make stuff ?
    Unless the editor themselves has ideas, we are capable of recording the singer singing, walking around Germany, or whatever else is needed to be filmed with her, then we can send the raw footage, etc. We actually have a rather sound method of communicating and passing ideas and files back and forth that works pretty seamlessly that we've developed over the last year or so.
    Last edited by John Walker IV; 07-31-2013 at 04:48 PM.

Can I ask you for a link to your online demo or music samples? What type of music is it?

There's a link in the first post. None of the songs there are one's we'll be doing, we're thinking of doing this for future songs, but you can at least hear how we play. As I said, the music already up covers a range of styles.
    Last edited by John Walker IV; 07-31-2013 at 05:16 PM.

I like the instruments and the songs with the girl singing. Well if you don't come right with someone else give me a call, it would be done 'for fun in off time' so the deadline would be when we finish, it is fun to edit but media and design is all I have except if I go work a minimum wage job. With what type of camera are you planning to shoot the videos?