Thread: Crosstown traffic - camden style!!!

1. Default Crosstown traffic - camden style!!!

I shot this video yesterday to show why Camden kicks ass!!!.....so if you've never been, get yer sen down here and lets av a cuppa tea & some crumpets!!..hehe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCpdV...ature=youtu.be

Thanks for posting the clip. The editing and the variety of shots kept me watching, but I am unsure whether I am left with a better, or a worse, impression of that part of London (UK). Personally, my eyes and brain get tired when watching jerky and unsteady cameras. But I did not thnk the shots lasted too long, for which I was grateful from time to time. I also found the clip interesting in a documentary sense, and many of the scenes would be intersting to see if joined to similar footage from the past.

3. Default

Thanks Tim...I got the idea from the original Jimi Video which is here... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMuCuCFfMoI

Which while not as frenetic as mine, kinda captures the energy and disorientation of New York, and Camden as I'm sure you know, is very high energy and a bit overwhelming at times. I would have liked to get more static shots though for sure but it was a one day job and overall Im happy!

On with the next project - I might plan this one a little better!!!

Thanks. That explains alot. I had not known that 'crosstown' film.

nice homage to the original

nice selection on offer at 31 seconds btw
    'No longer are the pleasures of Home Movie Making limited to those with ample funds. Now the man and woman of moderate means can join the sport'..... Kodak catalogue 1933

Especially the beginning is too shaky for me. I would have loved to see more happy/laughing people. Most look rather concentrated.

I get what you are trying to do Charlie and to a degree you pulled it off. I think that may have been more luck than expert technical knowhow. Does that sound harsh, it's not meant to.

I think you have made an interesting video in a contemporary style and as enc said it's nice homage to the original. I'm not really a city type of person, large crowds scare me so Camden isn't really a place I'd put on my to do list.

Good to see you posting again.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    I get what you are trying to do Charlie and to a degree you pulled it off. I think that may have been more luck than expert technical knowhow.
    I felt the same myself. What I don't know and don't really know how to find out is how one goes about putting together a montage like this such that it looks professionall and polished. Any pointers anyone?
    Tim

9. Default

Doesnt sound harsh to me, im very much an amateur film maker. I only pick my camera up when i have an idea and i know nothing about apertures etc.

I still plan most of my shots though, only at the time, not in advance. I shot approx 20 minutes of footage for this video, most of the rest was terrible!!

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    I felt the same myself. What I don't know and don't really know how to find out is how one goes about putting together a montage like this such that it looks professionall and polished. Any pointers anyone?
    An excellent question to which I wish I knew the answer. I think it involves things like continuity of narrative, cutting to the right type of shot from the previous one. Like clever links etc. BUT I don't really know the answer.