Thread: The Onebobs - music video

Default The Onebobs - music video

There were two occasions where I had to get my partner to push the car down the green screen ramp in order to avoid the car smashing into the camera, otherwise this is all my own work.

Learning advanced software technique, (green screen and masking), story telling, character creation and development, the art of comedy.

All opinions welcome

Wow, this is streets ahead of any of your previous work. I could get into all the little nit picks but found myself too engrossed in the video to care.

This is a very good video on any level.

Blog Entries

Looked like fun! Possibly a little slow between the lines, but I appreciate how difficult is is if the other person in a scene isn'#t actually there when you are delivering your lines.
    I'm sure i'm not the only one here who was reminded of the "Death by Guitar" girls vids.
    Tim

Engrossed is good MB - my ultimate objective is always to keep the viewer watching - challenge enough these days, without trying it for 7 minutes! Every shot is planned to tease the viewer into wanting to see what happens next, I think I got that right.

Tim, all the timing was deliberate and as intended, trying to portray their disrespect for Dick, because they consider him one, and also to make it comedic. Yes it was a challenge working out ways to have them interact through script, glances and speech. Every individual reaction and interaction from the other 4 had to be thought through etc, but it was an enjoyable challenge. The comedy sketch/characters were not planned initially, but now I have a concept that I can take further whilst learning the aspects of writing, acting, character development, lighting and filming of a unique sit-com of my own creation. There's so many places I can take this as a fun project, it's all a great bonus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stripe View Post
    The comedy sketch/characters were not planned initially, but now I have a concept that I can take further whilst learning the aspects of writing, acting, character development, lighting and filming of a unique sit-com of my own creation. There's so many places I can take this as a fun project, it's all a great bonus
    I think if you can come up with the ideas and scripts this could be a great way to draw people in to your music vids. The danger lies in thinking of them as "only" a preamble for the music vids - they have to be terated as little sitcoms in their own right. I'm now thinking "The Monkees"
    Tim

"my ultimate objective is always to keep the viewer watching". This was also a sentiment expressed recently by the "Death by Guitar" ladies. Whilst it might appear an obvious objective, it cannot be easy. Essentially, the viewer must be disuaded from moving their eyes from the screen and perhaps even reduce their rate of eye blinking for fear of missing something.
    I tried this recently with one of my homemade music videos (youtube/timand2222; clip "Through Time"). Sadly, at the expense of not having a 'story', I blasted the viewer with bursts of weird and unexpected (and hopefully attractive) visuals. As an experiment, I then asked friends to watch it, and at the end, to tell me which bits they remembered seeing.

I enjoyed watching "The Onebobs". And loved the character difference the miserable bass player and the happy synth player. I want to see the next one.

Thanks guys, I remember the 'through time' video and its' quirky nature, so you achieved that much at least

I'm glad you found the Onebobs entertaining, I played it to my neighbour yesterday and she was laughing her head off, I realised that this is the best compliment I could ever need, and says more than any words can.

To be able to entertain people, and to have a concept with self perpetuating energy is a gold mine.

Tim, the irony is that it is a reflection of real life, the band will go through the same tribulations that I myself go through all the time as a film maker. It's an alter ego thing, allowing me to bare open the trials and tribulations of producing. They will wear my heart on their sleeve in a third person style. It's a way of conveying the desire for acceptance through their madcap striving. Add the double twist that it is all me, different parts of me, the scope is endless. The challenge is achieving the skill level to pull this off in a well written way.

It's great to have a concept to get your teeth into, and I think I have an entire meat roast going here.