Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cloud Time Lapse

Default Cloud Time Lapse

I've been away for a week so had to produce something, anything to get rid of the withdrawal symptoms.

This is the view from the front door of the cottage were we stayed in the Lake District.

I don't dare to say I would be able to do it better but it lacks some dynamic in my opinion. Maybe some zooming and panning would already do the job.

Thanks for viewing Ray.

Like I said I just made it for my own therapy really but would like it to be liked by others. I could see what some panning would look like, I already have some different zoom levels.

Did you watch it in HD full screen ? It does look better than the normal YouTube window but you are right it's not the most dynamic video.

Impressive watching the tumbling over the mountains, how many cigars did that take?

Ha Ha, Just a really big pipe.

Blog Entries

Nice & smooth although a shame about trhe dirty lens, top left (miserable git, aren't I )
    So, what kit? What settings?
    Tim

I know, I didn't notice until the next day so all the footage from that day has those blobs on it.

I used the D800 of course, Do you think I'm going to take the HVX on holiday (again). Settings ? I don't know I just pointed and pressed the red button. Well after levelling the tripod, and then focusing, and setting the aperture to f22 for a big depth of field, and adjusting the shutter to get the correct exposure (50th of a second). I just pointed and shot.

Speeding up in post by about 4 X and adding a bit of burn effect to bring out the clouds.

The most rewarding thing was that I got to wake up to that view every morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    Like I said I just made it for my own therapy really but would like it to be liked by others. I could see what some panning would look like, I already have some different zoom levels.

Did you watch it in HD full screen ? It does look better than the normal YouTube window but you are right it's not the most dynamic video.
    It all depends on the intention of course. There is no need to add dynamic if it was supposed to look calm. If we take the shot starting 00:14 my very personal preference would be to start zoomed in on the bottom right then move the view top left along the hill slope and zoom completely out afterwards.

Clouds are always more interesting in fast motion, though more punchy colour grading would excite the eye much more. I watched in 240 and 1080 and really couldn't see any difference beweeen the two. If there were 2 side by side screens the difference my have been obvious, but both looked equally good to my jaded lamps .
    My opinions are just that . . . Mine. It's not personal, but is based on my emotional and professional reaction to requested critique. If you choose to ignore constructive comments, I'll just assume you're a vanity poster and not posting to improve your filming and editing skills.

Ex A.P.V Videomaker of the year - Ex M.M. IOV Come join my EXclusive club

Grading isn't my strong point, I was playing around last night with a clip to see what could be done but in the end it all just looked way over processed for my taste. When it comes to landscapes in video, I just like pretty and natural looking scenes.

(This may be due to over compensating as I am neither pretty nor natural myself)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast