Thread: Please help- my edited movie won't output back to tape

Default Please help- my edited movie won't output back to tape

Capture and edit work great, but outputting back to dv will not work (my camcorder is dv in enabled) Sony trv22

My software is Pinnacle Studio 7. The pinnacle logo is shown on the pinnacle window in make movie mode, when I click play my camcorder begins to record, as it should, but the screen remains blue. The pinnacle logo remains in the pinnacle window on my pc, the indicater slides across until movie has finished. The dv cam then stops recording. and has not recorded anything, except blue screen.
    There has to be a reason for this.

The driver for the 1394 is Microsoft OHCI 1394 and my camcorder is recognised in imaging devices

I am only just starting out editing etc, so my knowledge is ok, but not fantastic, I can't understand why it won't work. Any advice would be wonderful as I'm going insania :(

I have a TRV33 (Same camera except for the size of the CCD Chip) and noticed an identical problem printing a timeline to tape from MediaSudio Pro. Unfortunately I don't have Pinnacle Studio 7 installed, but I did notice that when I used the 'Export DV Recording' option in Media Studio then everything worked fine. I guess your first port of call should be to check if Pinnacle Studio 7 has an export DV Recording.

However I will keep looking at this and post back if I discover anything else.

I have just dicovered that the reason my project wouldn't print to tape from the timeline, is because the project settings were Mpeg and not DV Encoder Type 1. When I changed the project settings to DV Encoder Type 1, problem was solved.

Errrm. I dont know how to do this in Pinnacle Studio though, perhaps other contrinutors may be able to advise how to check your project settings.

Good Luck

thanks purejammy,
    I captured at full DV quality and this states that the compression is DV Video Encoder and my audio compression is PCM- when captured at DV quality these settings cannot be altered, so I feel it should work.

Thanks for the reply, any other ideas would be helpful

Reading my reply it sounds as if I solved the problem' but I haven't .

What I should have said was I did capture in DV Video Encoder Compression but movie would not output back to tape

I seem to have vague recollection that earlier versions of Pinnacle did not support DV Type 1 file. If this is true then you may not be able to use Pinnacle to send straight back to your camera. But check out the articles at

http://www.pinnaclesys.com/wwwsuppor..._le/uk/top.htm

or

http://pinnacle.custhelp.com/cgi-bin...ted=1034288341

Although perhaps other contributors may be able advise differently.

Good Luck

Quote Originally Posted by Ang View Post
    Capture and edit work great, but outputting back to dv will not work (my camcorder is dv in enabled) Sony trv22

My software is Pinnacle Studio 7. The pinnacle logo is shown on the pinnacle window in make movie mode, when I click play my camcorder begins to record, as it should, but the screen remains blue. The pinnacle logo remains in the pinnacle window on my pc, the indicater slides across until movie has finished. The dv cam then stops recording. and has not recorded anything, except blue screen.
    There has to be a reason for this.

The driver for the 1394 is Microsoft OHCI 1394 and my camcorder is recognised in imaging devices

I am only just starting out editing etc, so my knowledge is ok, but not fantastic, I can't understand why it won't work. Any advice would be wonderful as I'm going insania :(
    I have Studio 14 Ultimate and have always been able to output to tape. After upgrading from Studio 12 to 14 I think is when I had problems outputting to tape. I get the message "Your project cannot be output to the selected device. Please make sure the project format is appropriate for our output device." I am using the same setup I have always used. Very difficult to get help.
    I have a knowledge based question posted but waiting for answer. It is impossible to get anyone on the telephone to talk to, even if money is not a problem. I may just look for another program.
    I import from Canon video cam and output to Sony Video Walkman digital video. I am able to output to a DVD, but not to the DV even when it comes up in the block. I keep thinking there is some little switch I might have flipped and don't remember.
    Last edited by SCAPEL; 11-01-2010 at 08:38 PM.