Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Curse - A Supernatural Short

Default The Curse - A Supernatural Short

Blog Entries

Some of the acting left a bit to be desired and the sound (ADR presumably) did not match the ambience, but I thought it looked good and it certainly created a good (ie bad) atmosphere. Well done!

And it's not a fan video as such, so I'm moving it to user vids.
    Tim

Thanks for the comment Tim! and also thanks for the move I realized I had posted in the wrong thread but could not find a way to move it so thanks for that!

Ill repeat waht Tim said.... But hey, youre working on it! Ten steps ahead of most of us here!! Well done!

That was creepy. I especially liked the shot of the bus stop at 1:26.

where i live talking on the phone ( hand held ) and driving is illegal....thats the horror I see in this short
    I know nothing about youtube, even less about video
    http://www.youtube.com/user/leokimvideo

Quote Originally Posted by rollingstock View Post
    where i live talking on the phone ( hand held ) and driving is illegal....thats the horror I see in this short
    This is awful (and illegal) anywhere in the world....as well as corrupt politicians, pollution, lack of energy right when you have a party at home, the neighbour leaving a dog alone for 5 days etc etc.... Shit happens!! But hey... Im sure that Alstar filled all the forms and closed the location to make his film!! I bet he did it.... And Im also surethat there will be a warning message at the end about the risks of talking on the phone while driving!!! Right Alstar??

Smart story and twist, you did really well with the cutting. Lots of tricky editing, and story boarding needed I think. Did you enjoy making it or did it get really confusing?

Did you notice getting your left and rights mixed up? Picking up the phone and instantly switching hands, and the view in the driver side mirror of the bus stop wasn't possible. I always fall for that kind of thing myself, and wonder if other people notice or not. I usually leave it in deliberately, it's kinda sneaky fun

I'd lose the tacky transition at 1.40, but I realise the problem having one scene that needs to move on in time. Maybe a slow cross fade may be better?

It felt a bit overdubbed too, was it?

Blog Entries

I really liked it.

Firstly, let's get one thing straight. You have gone out and made a short drama. That is more than most of us manage to do. We come up with all sorts of excuses and we all believe that we "could" do it but, to quote Lord Sugar "The Could, Would, Might and Should cards are all trumped by Did". So, you have gone out and done it. Well done.

The story flowed well and you avoided the temptation to drag it out. The technical side has been commented on but the main plus, for me, was the story. it reminded me of the "Tales of the Unexpected" genre and I liked the ending. I was a bit unsure about the effect of the transformation of the hitchhiker into the "ghost" or whatever but the rest of it worked well in my opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rembrandt Rob View Post
    We come up with all sorts of excuses and we all believe that we "could" do it but, to quote Lord Sugar "The Could, Would, Might and Should cards are all trumped by Did". So, you have gone out and done it. Well done.
    So very true, Rob. I cannot "like" your post, but I see "Thanks" has been re-instated so that'll have to do
    Tim

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast