Page 3 of 64 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce yourself - the meet and greet

well, I don't know any scottish slang

You do now. If anyone is annoying you, just say,

awayanbileyerheidyabigdiddyye

COMPAQ something or other with 500Gb Boot Disk, 1Tb external Firewire Disk, 4Gb Memory and a super duper sound card, 19" TFT Monitor etc etc etc
    Sony TRV33e : Sony TRV310e : Canon XM2
    Sony Vegas Studio editions to v11

Remember, there is always more to learn than there is to teach.

and I enforce the Irish contingent

My real name is Mark with a "K" and live in Houston, TX. Age 41. Originally born and raised in England but now Texanized I am afraid after 31 years here. :cry: Married to Traci for 18 years with one child Colin who is 8. Was involved in Sales for 14 years and currently the Business Administrator and Facility Manager for Clearpoint Church. Became involved in Video Editing a couple of years ago when church asked me to do a very large project which I accomplished somehow. Talk about a two week crash course! Currently oversee all Video production at our church (What little I do) and organize the weekly services. Just dabble mainly for the fun of it but my main hobby is RC Sailing. (Yes, toy boats if you can believe it) Enjoy visiting this forum for advice and help if I feel I can when I can. Appreciate all who participate on this forum.

Scooter
    (Nickname given to me in College) Don't Ask!!!!! :twisted:
    AMD Athlon 3200
    Asus A7N8X Dlux
    ATI Video
    1 Gig Mem
    Windows XP Pro
    2 Seagate ATA 160 Gig HD,1 Maxtor 120 Gig HD
    Sony DRU-510 DVD/CD Burner
    Viewsonic 19\"LCD
    Pinnacle 10 PlusMediaSuite
    PremierPro 1.5 Suite
    Sony HVR-A1U 1080i HDV Camcorder

My real name is Brett Potter- it isn't gwenny.
    The nick name "gwenny the vegie" was given to me when I was about 12. My sister's name is Gwen, and we resemble eachother a ton. So, all my friends just started calling me gwenny, and since I don't eat meat- it all worked out.

I'm 18, I'll be 19 on September 11. (shitty birthday) I graduated from high school a couple months ago. And as all of you have probably heard from me by now, I'll be attending USC real soon this fall. Lately I havn't posted alot of what I've been doing, I'm not sure why. I start shooting on a short tomorrow morning, it will probably be a one day shoot. Maybe by the end of the weekend you homies can see what I've been up to lately. I am a computer geek on the inside, but you wouldn't be able to tell. That's about it.

How about us "state-ers" will show you some of our slang in return if you guys show us some of yours?

My first one is "jiggaman." (Jigg-Uh-man) Commonly reffered to famous hip-hop artist Jay-Z. Also referred to as a male prostitute. (gigolo man)
    Frank Sinatra - \"Thats Life, Biatch\"

here you go:yeh,u no wot i meannn....wot..worter(yep dats how we say it!)

Hi, my name is Brett Wagner and I live in Beaver Falls, Pennsylvania. I didn't realize how "English" this site was until I found this post and saw how many of you guys are from the UK. I don't even know if it's appropriate to say you're all from the "UK". I have a wife of two years named Mindy and a son of one month named Sawyer. I'm a full time student at Geneva College where I major in theatre and am saving up my bingo tips (that's right, as in "'B11?' 'BINGO!'") to build a computer dedicated to movie editing.

Anyhoo, for some slang, in Pittsburgh (an hour south from me) we say "yinz" instead of "all of you" whereas in Alabama, where I was born, we said "ya'll". I'll always think English slang is much more preferable.

I have a strong desire to write and produce my own independent artsy-fartsy films and found this site to help guide me through the elements of editing and having the right computer for the job. I want to thank you guys for the help you've been after being a member for all of one day and I look forward to many more posts.

Cheers!

8. Default

Hi guys my real name is Brian,

Live in Norwich- Norfolk - UK
    Always loved taking video as a hobby.
    After deciding to make a DVD for my Car club this year i really have pulled out all the stops, buying a new camcorder, lens, Pinaccle studio 9 and so on.
    After the first clip i made with pinaccle - i was hooked, putting together a edited peice of work and adding a fantastic soundtrack, really does make me feel good
    I married with a 4 year old daughter with another on the way.
    I own a Air Con business and also have many other hobbies, which include photography, Track days in my car,PC Gaming, all Gadgets, Mobile Disco - in my spare time and car club meets.
    Live from Norwich !

Sony PC1000E ( Stopped working after 13months)
    Sony HDR-HC3 4Mega Pixels High Def Mini DV Broke
    Canon HF 10 - Broke
    iPhone4 Sport
    Waiting for the Sony HDR-GW55VE

Avid Studio, + Pinnacle Studio14, Win7 64bit 12 GIG memory, Nvidia GTX590, twin 3D display, 2Terrabyte HD

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Gardner
    I own a Air Con business....
    Wow, have you ever met Nicolas Cage??? Oh, wait....

painful that is - but i did laugh

Page 3 of 64 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast