Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lasagne and Chips

Blog Entries

Default Lasagne and Chips

What's appropriate language for an online forum?

Why am I asking this? Well, I think videoforums / digital-director needs more of an identity. I think most of the regulars (all 5 of them) are pretty laid back, and take things in their stride.

In my eyes most of the video editing forums out there are fairly conservative. I'd like to make this forum stand out from that.

Thoughts?

Send an open letter entitled "Resistance is Futile". We should assimilate all other forums into our own.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Mills
    Send an open letter entitled "Resistance is Futile". We should assimilate all other forums into our own.
    Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

Default Re: Lasagne and Chips

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Peters

In my eyes most of the video editing forums out there are fairly conservative. I'd like to make this forum stand out from that.

Thoughts?
    I think it's noticeable that this site is very, very English. It already stands out, but not in a way that's strongly recognisable worldwide. I'm sure a lot of the incidental humour goes straight past many contributors.

Some sites insist that first-time posters go through quite a few hoops before they ask anything. So making a couple of extra demands might deter the moonlighters, and at the same time encourage more long-termers who want to be more community-minded.

Hard to say how it could be made to stand out. What about a standard link for typical "Hey, how I do this?" first-timers that explains the need for info, specs, and a little decorum before they can get a considered response? A sort of blank(ish) wall before entry - only the more genuine would comply - it could save a lot of repetition Many of these people probably couldn't give a toss whether they get an answer or not. Does this sound conservative?

Many of these people probably couldn't give a toss whether they get an answer or not. Does this sound conservative?[/quote]

Quote Originally Posted by frank@jp
    Many of these people probably couldn't give a toss whether they get an answer or not. Does this sound conservative?

[/quote]

Well, is it? Speak, man, don't be shy.

Blog Entries

Since I added a picture of me as my avatar, more people are saying thank you. Coincidence?

Marc, a shot of you in pensive mood would soften the hardest cynic, and elicit a considered, thoughtful response.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tone33
    Marc, a shot of you in pensive mood would soften the hardest cynic, and elicit a considered, thoughtful response.
    That's my extra special video forums answering pose

You look as board as a post!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast