Thread: Capturng Video ( from VHS )

Default Capturng Video ( from VHS )

The general idea it to turn my old VHS tapes into digital and I purchased a Conceptronic Video Home Creator ( usb ) which
    came bundled with Power Director.

When I first set up the device ( 2 days ago ) it was working fine but yesterday I found that the video was very scrambled
    although the sound is ok. I assumed that the RCA "out" on my vhs video may be at fault so I connected the video to the
    TV and it worked fine. I reinstalled the drivers for the video capture card but to no avail.

I cant believe that the capture device is faulty after just one day and maybe it is just a case of a computer problem.

I am running Windows 7 with a Geforce GT 430 video card.

If anyone has any suggestions they will be greatly appreciated.

Blog Entries

Does the video playback without error when played through your TV. Does this happen on all tapes? Was the same tape working fine previously?

The video does play back perfectly on the TV and still does play back ok. The tapes I have are very ok. The strange thing is that the capture device did work on the first day -
    but after that I a getting only audio and very scrambled and lined video and not flowing. I also updated the drivers from the website which didnt help.

As I see it you have two options

1 - record the VHS player directly into your digital video camera; I did this and it worked fine; an sd camera is fine since VHS is low res

2 - put on a rubber suit and re-enact the videos on camera; more work but lots more fun too; I use my rubber suit in the pool to keep me warm in october