Thread: Videographer required - York area

Default Videographer required - York area

THANKS FOR ALL THOSE THAT REPLIED AND APPLIED - THIS POSITION IS NOW CLOSED.

Marketing Videographer
    , Trustmarque Solutions, York
    Casual Hours (maximum of 16 per week, £7.00 per hour)

Due to the ongoing growth and development of our brand identity and digital marketing activity Trustmarque Solutions is currently recruiting a Marketing Videographer.

The purpose of the role is to produce and edit a series of marketing videos to promote and market Trustmarque’s core service offerings. The Marketing Videographer will work closely with Trustmarque’s Design Manager to further develop the company’s market leading professional visual brand.

Applicants must be strong communicators, possess excellent English language skills and technical knowledge on how to produce and edit videos; an interest in photography would also be desirable. The ideal candidate might have a media qualification, have done similar work previously or simply a passion for video filming and editing.

From this position you can gain:

• Meaningful project-based, marketing-oriented experience
    • The opportunity to work with a team of talented, forward-thinking individuals in a professional, fast-paced working environment
    • The opportunity to contribute to the developing brand of an award-winning employer
    • Experience from an award-winning B2B blue-chip company

About The Company:

Trustmarque Solutions, based in York, is a market-leading provider of technology services and solutions to private and public sector organisations across the UK. Trustmarque focuses on providing professional services that enable customers to make better usage of their IT resources, optimise IT performance and significantly reduce IT expenditure.

The company has been in operation for more than 25 years, helping organisations to licence, deploy and manage technology solutions from a wide range of best-in-class vendors including Microsoft, VMware and McAfee.

We’re a fast-paced business that prides itself on being a great company to work for. We have a three-star employer rating from Best Companies and an Investors In People accreditation. To find out more visit our website www.trustmarquesolutions.com
    This opportunity will initially be on a fixed term three month contract based on a maximum of 16 hours per week. The role is based at our York head office although flexibility will be offered. Access to your own video editing equipment is essential.
    Last edited by mboorman; 08-14-2013 at 03:01 PM. Reason: Position is now filled

£7ph? This may be seen as the first step on the career ladder for some, but as you are expecting a reasonable skill level to produce marketing videos and for the recruit to have access to video editing equipment, it may be wiser to deploy your 3 star employer rating and offer a salary that reflected the skills you need, especially as it's only on a temp basis.
    My opinions are just that . . . Mine. It's not personal, but is based on my emotional and professional reaction to requested critique. If you choose to ignore constructive comments, I'll just assume you're a vanity poster and not posting to improve your filming and editing skills.

Ex A.P.V Videomaker of the year - Ex M.M. IOV Come join my EXclusive club

I'm a York based videographer. I'm not really interested in these terms but if you get stuck, just drop me an email. I charge £300 per 8 hour day for filming and £35 per hour for editing. If you have a specific project in mind we can talk about it to arrange a fixed price. Please note I will be away all next week but will reply to any communication on my return.

Thanks for your responses / comments. I'm aware that these rates would not be appropriate for an experienced and skilled videographer; the purpose of the role is for us to get some additional resource for producing marketing content but also to provide an opportunity for someone to gain more experience. The likelihood is that the role would be more applicable to a student studying within the department of Theatre, Film and Television who has a media qualification or has done previous work and is looking to gain experience in a work environment, or anyone else who has a passion for filming or editing that is looking to supplement an existing wage.

regards, Mark

Great that you have responded Mark. Many leave posts like this only to spread their links and never return.
    Wouldn't it make more sense, purely from a business point of view and especially so that you don't currently need someone full time, to outsource the odd project to a professional?
    An hour or so filming and a day's editing once a month would be much more cost effective and produce higher quality results than using a relatively inexperienced trainee.
    Many new media qualified students may be able to operate a cam and edit suite to pass their exam, but certainly won't have the nounce to know how to make really effective videos that help to improve business. Just a thought
    My opinions are just that . . . Mine. It's not personal, but is based on my emotional and professional reaction to requested critique. If you choose to ignore constructive comments, I'll just assume you're a vanity poster and not posting to improve your filming and editing skills.

Ex A.P.V Videomaker of the year - Ex M.M. IOV Come join my EXclusive club

If the deal is for a maximum of 16 hours a week per week, may I assume the minimum may be zero hours? The Company may thus simultaneously employ any number of part timers, give each some small work; and then simply drop those employees whose work is
    not adequate. I suspect the company may not actually know how long it takes to perform certain tasks; so this is also a good (and cheap) opportunity for them to learn.
    It may be interesting to see an example of the intended quality, which might help prospective employees from guaging whether their skills are up to the job. I have a feeling that 'cool' graphical effects (with Texts and related graphics) would be required; which may be rather more than simply 'editing' some video.