Thread: Help with color correction!

Default Help with color correction!

Greetings all,

This is my first time signing up on a video forum and I'm actually pretty excited to join and learn a good bit. But the question that I have today is getting the overall opinion from other video producers on this simple (FREE) music video that I did for a friend. We only had one night to shoot it and he promised better lighting - but I had to work with what I had. So we tried multiple rooms and things, but I can't seem to find a satisfying color correction for the them of the video yet. Any ideas/critique would be great - by the way, this isn't the final version in terms of timeline and what not either.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuO3Z...ature=youtu.be

Quote Originally Posted by bigmanjoe View Post
    I thought is had too much green and overall way to heavy color grading. I would recommend just lowering the the amount of green and yellow you added in post and possibly some contrast. the green needs to be a lot less and the blacks need to be black.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBt1m...layer_embedded

Here is the final version that I decide to go with. Opinion?

I suppose with a music video there are no hard and fast rules, you could say anything goes and often does.

I guess it comes down to personal taste, So you are never going to please everybody. Stay true to yourself and you will find your own style, one day it might might become all the rage and everyone will want to use you or at least copy you.

I would have preferred the colour adjustments to leave the blacks black and the whites white. The impression I get is that the scene simply has a green filter layed over it. I sense there is a difference between colouring a scene to give a dramatic impression. and changing the colours to reduce the effects of not having a well lit scene in the first place.
    Is this a case where the colour correction should be applied differently for the highlights, midtones and shadows?

I would have preferred the colour adjustments to leave the blacks black and the whites white.
    Me too. I really get where your going with this, but the tone setting is (should be) based around the mid tones.

David.