Thread: Saying Hello

Talking Saying Hello

Hi forum members,

There didn't seem to be anywhere specific for saying hello so I thought I'd start a thread here. Hope that's okay. Please feel free to move or delete this if I am in the wrong place.

So my name is Paul Ekert (thought I would use my real name here for my forum ID) and some of you might remember me as the Beta test coordinator for Avid Liquid 7, I also wrote a book on the subject. Hello to anyone that remembers those heady days of beta testing. More recently I've written a book on Premiere Pro CS6. In fact I've written a fair few books about various things, so I won't bore you with listing them here, if you're really interested then take a look at my home page: www.PaulEkert.com

I'm trying to move away now from pure writing and attempting to get more heavily involved with film making, which to be honest with you is the real reason I got into video editing in the first place. To support this I'll be launching my own (sole trader) video production and photographic services business in the next few weeks and with that in mind I wanted to join up to a forum that contained like-minded people. This seems to be the place

Hopefully I can provide some help (in the software area of my expertise) as I pick your brains for help with my own questions and problems.

Best

Paul

A warm welcome from the other side of the blue ball!

Thank you

Did a GoPro Hero 2 edit for a company in your part of the world. Can you identify the city for me? Always wondered where it was.

The city is Recife, in the Pernambuco State. Northeast of Brazil, quite far (3500km drive) from me (I´m in the southeast of BR - São Paulo/SP). It seems that the aerodrome we see in the movie is under risk, as it is too "inside" town now.... I bet a new mall + 414212 buildings are on the way.... and corrupt politicians are behind this move.... A brazilian everyday tale!