Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Inserting Jpeg into a movie

Default Inserting Jpeg into a movie

Hello, it is my first post,

I am really hoping I found the correct website for some help. I am very very new to video editing. I am hoping I could find someone to help me through a problem. I have tried googling and teaching myself how to do this. but the answers I find are either out of date or so complex I would need to go to university to understand the solution posted.

All I want to do is insert a .jpg movie poster into an .avi movie. This way I can view thumbnails with some relevance to the content of the file. I thought this would be simple answer, but it seems to be quite an ordeal. I am changing the length of the movie so the sound doesn't line up, changing the format of the video so the media player doesn't recognize it anymore. etc etc etc....

the best answers I can find, don't solve my question, example; putting the .avi in a folder with a jpeg next to it then looking at the folder instead of the file, changing media player so instead of taking the first frame as a thumbnail it takes the x# frame, I found 3rd party software to force windows to take the x# frame as a thumbnail on all .avi.

There seems to be a lot of people asking this question online, but no one with an answer. any advice would sure go long way

Erm? Exactly what IS your question?

Here's a tip in asking a question:-

Keep it simple.

Start by using one of the following:-

1] How?

2] Where?

3] What?

4] When?

5] Why?

6] Which?

Which one of those 6 do you want answered? - See, I used my own number 6 to "frame" my question back to you.

How do I insert a still jpeg (movie poster) into the first few frames of a .avi movie.

what about opening the .avi file on your editor, ading the jpeg you want in the beginning of the project and rendering it again? Time consuming for sure.....

Quote Originally Posted by scampo77 View Post
    How do I insert a still jpeg (movie poster) into the first few frames of a .avi movie.
    As TonyBR says. Here are the steps:
    1] Open SONY Vegas

2] In the Project Media Pane Import your JPG Movie Poster and AVI into your new Vegas project.

3] In the Project Media pane Drag your JPG to the Workspace. Vegas will create a Video Track.

4] Now Drag your AVI to the same Track as your JPG at a point where your JPG finishes. If you have Audio with your AVI, Vegas will automatically produce an Audio Track for you.

5] Decide how many frames you want the JPG to be and either reduce or increase the JPG by the frame length you want it to be.

You now have your JPG and AVI Events on a Vegas Track.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by scampo77 View Post
    All I want to do is insert a .jpg movie poster into an .avi movie. This way I can view thumbnails with some relevance to the content of the file. I thought this would be simple answer, but it seems to be quite an ordeal. I am changing the length of the movie so the sound doesn't line up, changing the format of the video so the media player doesn't recognize it anymore. etc etc etc....
    Take advantage of the meta data which can be stored for media files (both on OSX and Windows). You can tell the operating system to generate a thumbnail based on any image you specify. When I'm making my own videos, I always make sure I take a portrait picture during filming to use as the movie poster.

This is the google search term you need to find software that's good for you: https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=ad...ver+art+to+avi

You can also do this in iTunes (select the video in your library, right click and chose get info, click on the artwork tab and then chose an image from your PC). Before doing this for the first time, I suggest you take a back up of the video as on a few occasions, this has corrupted the video for some content encoded in a specific way

Hope this helps.

I'm not sure OP is actively using Vegas movie studio

Can you say which version and how many films you've edited . .
    and have you gone through the many "Show Me How's?"

It is confusing (slightly) to include the word movie and jpeg - is this a still shot of a wall-mounted poster?
    That was what I was expecting was the original question . . .
    And I expect
    you have a vid track ( which you are familiar with Editing, hopefully).

As others have suggested you just Import this "still" and plonk it on the timeline, but I'd expect you to use a separate track -leaving other media ( eg Text), on separate tracks. Movie Studio has plenty of tracks ( or Add track) . . .
    The reason for having specific data on separate tracks is so you "could" apply track-wide effects, like brightness, or for vids' Audio tracks, both Pan and Volume are commonly in need. It may not be necessary, but I think it's good practice, rather than mix things up. The tracks can be "Named" as this helps too.

I will normally have multiple "Bins" for Imported Media - they all get mixed in the main bin, but can be sorted easily during Import with titles:
    HD, Transitions, Stills , Audio, Music, SFX, Text. This makes it somewhat easier to find if a file is "missing"
    Last edited by vidmanners; 07-15-2013 at 11:58 PM.

VM, this poster has no idea as to what you and I are talking about. I wish it was otherwise. But until we get some further feedback any of your, or my instructions are lost in the ether.

The Silence is screaming volumes . . . .

Blog Entries

My money is still on him adding cover art to the meta data as the best solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Peters View Post
    My money is still on him adding cover art to the meta data as the best solution.
    This is a clever solution, as no editing is required... I´ll try some here too! Thanks Mark!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast