Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: If Math was a battlefield....I wonder how would it be?

Talking If Math was a battlefield....I wonder how would it be?

Hey guys, I was studying for a Maths test when I decided to take a break and play Battlefield, when suddenly I thought "I wonder how Maths would be if it was a battlefield?"

So I made a video with my friends about it! (There are English subtitles)

I'd be happy to hear your thoughts!

This could have been a good idea but somehow misses the make for me. I think it would have been better if you actually did some Maths in the game rather than shooting each other. The acting is as expected and the effects look ok to me.

Also miss the "Maths" of the title.... Im sure you had fun filming it!

This is the best video I have seen in a while

You live in a place where violence and death is mixed with everyday life, so why not math?

I get it

Great job

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    This could have been a good idea but somehow misses the make for me. I think it would have been better if you actually did some Maths in the game rather than shooting each other. The acting is as expected and the effects look ok to me.
    thank for the feedback

Quote Originally Posted by bigmanjoe View Post
    It was as I expected. Though the effects did not work for me. It is obvious that they are fake and obvious that you used aftereffects to. It seems to me after effects just has a look to it because everything I see done with it looks the same. It could just be
    the people using it though.

The video was ok but not great. However if it was an assignment for a math class you did a great job.
    Lol, as i said " I was studying for a Maths test when I decided to take a break and play Battlefield, when suddenly I thought "I wonder how Maths would be if it was a battlefield?"
    but thanks for the replay

Quote Originally Posted by TonyBR View Post
    Also miss the "Maths" of the title.... Im sure you had fun filming it!
    are you sure? i think i wrote is correctly...
    Quote Originally Posted by zamiotana View Post
    This is the best video I have seen in a while

You live in a place where violence and death is mixed with everyday life, so why not math?

I get it

Great job
    fisrt thing, thanks.
    second thing, violence and death is not mixed with everyday life.
    just beacsue i live in israel doesnt mean i see death more than others.
    we are just like other countries, the only difference is that we have jerusalem, witch is important to the 3 main religions.
    but right now things look pretty stable, and i hope it stays that way
    anyway. i glad you liked the video

[sorry if i have some grammar mistakes, my mother tongue is hebrew witch is very different from english]

I agree with bigmanjoe with regard to the camera match moving, which attempts to position objects (in this instance, the 'words' which float above the books). Sadly, unless the effect is used perfectly, the object will move wrongly when the tracking is inaccurate. In this clip, the text wobbles around sometimes. I might suggest considering using a graphical layer rather than simply using the default 'text' option. This would give more opportunities for overlaying more interesting effects; e.g. a mathematical equation morphing into a gun.

Although I liked the initial idea, I did not find it well executed. Whilst I smiled at the idea of Quatratic equation being used a a grenade, I would have liked to have seen the Formula spinning through the air and damaging the opponent.

I urge the OP to buy and use a tripod. Or to study and practice better ways to control body movement when panning with a camera.

There were a section where the men ran across raised blocks. It would have been easier for them run to one side of them. Or, given the 'camera match moving' system; how about littering the ground below the blocks with lots of broken and damaged numbers and mathematical formulae.

Thank you for adding the subtitles.
    I look forward to seeing your next project. It was clear to me that you had put alot of time and energy into this one. Now is the time to improve the technical aspects of your videos.

Glad to hear that things are not so bad

In Canada all we have to rely on is the official travel advisories ...

http://travel.gc.ca/destinations/isr...the-gaza-strip

Quote Originally Posted by TimAndrews View Post
    I agree with bigmanjoe with regard to the camera match moving, which attempts to position objects (in this instance, the 'words' which float above the books). Sadly, unless the effect is used perfectly, the object will move wrongly when the tracking is inaccurate. In this clip, the text wobbles around sometimes. I might suggest considering using a graphical layer rather than simply using the default 'text' option. This would give more opportunities for overlaying more interesting effects; e.g. a mathematical equation morphing into a gun.

Although I liked the initial idea, I did not find it well executed. Whilst I smiled at the idea of Quatratic equation being used a a grenade, I would have liked to have seen the Formula spinning through the air and damaging the opponent.

I urge the OP to buy and use a tripod. Or to study and practice better ways to control body movement when panning with a camera.

There were a section where the men ran across raised blocks. It would have been easier for them run to one side of them. Or, given the 'camera match moving' system; how about littering the ground below the blocks with lots of broken and damaged numbers and mathematical formulae.

Thank you for adding the subtitles.
    I look forward to seeing your next project. It was clear to me that you had put alot of time and energy into this one. Now is the time to improve the technical aspects of your videos.
    Some great ideas!
    thanks for the feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by zamiotana View Post
    Glad to hear that things are not so bad

In Canada all we have to rely on is the official travel advisories ...

http://travel.gc.ca/destinations/isr...the-gaza-strip
    I think they are a bit overindulge, but better safe than sorry...
    All the fuss you hear on Israel, are created by terrorists from the countries around us, all we do is defend ourselves.
    the other countrys by the way, fight the terror too. And they want peace exactly as we do, but why would the news show something boring like peace? they want more pepole to whatch their show, so they are looking for shocking stories. thats all.
    Wherever you go you will run into friendly people, and some haters. you can't avoid it. just make sure you are one of the "friendly people"

Something that occurred to me is that you may have stumbled upon an interesting way to help people learn (or at least become interested in) subjects like math.

The level of mathematical ability amongst the general population in Canada is lower than in most developed countries. For example, the math in grade 10 in Canada has been compared to (the equivalent of) grade 4 in Moscow. Anything that could teach us poor Canadians how to do math would be helpful.

Now, for this idea to resonate more with Canadians, you would need to include the following cinematic elements in your videos:
    - a beer tent
    - a moose and/or beaver
    - snow

Zam

I just watched a very interesting documentary about Jaffa and what happened there in 1948.... Today the young people of Israel believe that Jaffa is just an "orange brand", but history brings much more information than that. The word "terror" looses its meaning depending on what side of the wall you are (or were in 1948 ). Ill try to find a link to this documentary.... more than worth watching to put another facet on this matter.

Zami, time to move to Brazil!!! Here you will never see mooses, beavers or snow.... but get prepared to be anoyed 24 hours a day with football, samba and 3rd world education!!!! Ohh, and dont waste time with maths!! On the 10th grade 65% of the population can almost write their names!!! Fantastic!!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast