Thread: Multiple Source Frame Rate and other inconsistency

Default Multiple Source Frame Rate and other inconsistency

I have a bunch of different sources.

Some with 24fps, some with 25 some with 28 and 29,xxx and the sequence I started was with a HD video downloaded from YT which is 1080p which i want and it has 24fps so the whole sequence is 24fps but I don't want to lose frames on the other vids which are lower in quality but have a bit higher fps.

So would it had a bad effect on the timeline editing, audio sync for the videos with a lower FPS than sequence ?

The real sources are livestreams which have very dumb settings of fps ... so these are intermediary, but i will also remux some of them for intermediary to not lose quality, Sony Vegas can't handle FLV container even if the codecs and audio are all the same as in MP4 ... bullcrap. So i have to find good intermediary for that, i don't want to change FPS there to not cause time-sound change for possible out of sync since I will not be re-endoding audio as I will use FLV extract to get the source audio and put it in Vegas directly, ... i don't care how long it takes to process these i just want the best quality and i've experimented a bit I couldn't get some of the free converters to do FLV to MP4 good, some did but without audio so i had to extact the others as well, there are some FLV from livestreams too but those are not AVC and have some Nellymoser audio which i had to do manually...

basically i've heard that it is better to re-encode the low-quality low-resolution source to a better intermediary, indeed I do wish to use these 640x480 clips in an 1080p sized frame and would probably like to have them bigger a bit so instead of zooming-in in Vegas is it better to re-encode in higher resolution ?

Because I'm adding in audio manually, i really don't want to be messing around with out-of sync video due to different frame-rate re-endoding afterward, since i just want to append audio to the corresponding video clips as they are in original. I don't really know much about details how codecs work when FPS changes, but I am familiar at least how stuff can break and that it is tricky.

I am new to video editing but I am an advanced PC user for long, i learn fast.

Download Youtube in .mp4 format. Set the project properties to how you will be exporting the final video. Don't fart about with all the different clips just let the software do the pull down it needs to do.

This should work for you in Sony Vegas. I've just done a small project were I mixed 60fps with 25fps and 720p with 1080p etc. and Vegas just deals with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    Download Youtube in .mp4 format. Set the project properties to how you will be exporting the final video. Don't fart about with all the different clips just let the software do the pull down it needs to do.

This should work for you in Sony Vegas. I've just done a small project were I mixed 60fps with 25fps and 720p with 1080p etc. and Vegas just deals with it.

Allright then i'll just force everything to 30

Same experience here with Vegas: mixed stuff of all kinds (.avi + .mpg + mov - all with different frame rates) and no sign of bad digestion. The rendering failed in one part where I had 6 video tracks and a lot of split screen effects, so I reduced to 4 tracks and everything passed trhough. Try it first....just pull all the clips to the timeline (in a close-to-final order) and render to see if it runs ok.

now i got another problem ... applying stabilization only on the clip selected, why is this BS trying to stabilize the whole damn track, i tried to do subclip but nothing happened

Not sure about that.... pull the clip to another track, aply the fx and take it back to main track if you wish. You´re probably selecting the track instead of the clip. Hummmm, unless you´re working with the test rendering made before???

(Ops, just read your first post again and I´m sure you wouldn´t make this basic mistake).
    Last edited by TonyBR; 07-03-2013 at 12:22 AM.

When i put the clip in another track the stabilization calculated the same time as it did for the previous, the clip was 10 seconds, no way it would take 6 minutes again. I don't like the controls and interface in Adobe Premiere but the stabilization worked great there with much more options.

I did it once for one clip, when it was done it was the whole track, that's why i wondered why it took so long in the first place, i did select a longer in that case but still as we can see it doesn't mater which one is selected.