Thread: My weird music video - please criticize, I'm not scared :P

Wink My weird music video - please criticize, I'm not scared :P

I love the description of this forum - and love criticism. So please go ahead, tell me what you like, and more important, what I could have done better - so that I can improve with the next one!

if you want a review of a specific video of oyurs in return, just let me know

I thought this was a very interesting and well made piece. A few little technical things, the sequence of cuts around 3:37 & 3:43 didn't work for me because of the out continuity. The shot at 5:15 the movement didn't quite work with the green screen background. The guy fell before he was shot at 5:34 but apart from that an excellent job.

I liked the music track as well, that always helps with a music video.

Default :D

Thanks for watching, and for the comments, Midnight Blue And glad you enjoyed the music.

Yep for the 3:37 & 3:43 s shots I was missing good material - we had planned a different scene, but it did not work our as expected, and couldn't use that footage... so that was my trick to cover up the issue. Well, you spotted it ...
    At 5:15, true, the background is not moving right with the people :-/ These green screen shots are quite an art I will need much more practice :-/ Or new tricks!
    5:34 - well the guy jumped just in time to not get shot. Pure luck

I thought it was pretty interesting. What kind of budget did you have to work with?

Looks very good. Agree that the green screen at the end was a bit weird, or too obvious.... If you cut straight to the zoom-in/close-up of the guy holding the gun, this problem will be gone. Those (blue letters/$$) projections over the band, were projected or aded on post? Looks like the second option, but Im curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Prolifik View Post
    I thought it was pretty interesting. What kind of budget did you have to work with?
    Tx Prolifik
    Budget was around
    250 GBP : costumes & masks
    250 GBP : lights (some we will reuse)
    150 GBP : renting the place
    70 GBP : scene settings
    + catering for 15
    I spent a half day building the throne
    We spent half day preparing the place + one day shooting
    All actors + cameraman worked for free
    All the rest is personnal work (not counting the hours :p)

Quote Originally Posted by TonyBR View Post
    Looks very good. Agree that the green screen at the end was a bit weird, or too obvious.... If you cut straight to the zoom-in/close-up of the guy holding the gun, this problem will be gone. Those (blue letters/$$) projections over the band, were projected or aded on post? Looks like the second option, but Im curious.
    Thanks Tony - the letters were projected on the band, except for the closeups on the singer - these were added afterwards.