Thread: Weird Timeline problem

Default Weird Timeline problem

Hey all,

I'm having a weird problem with my timeline in Sony Vegas Pro 12. I was editing and I was rushing and I must have clicked a setting by mistake, and now all my clips are seperated clip by clip. One on top, and one on bottom, then one on top, and so on. The rows are sorted by 'A' and 'B'. Although this setting only shows up in this project. If I start a new file This problem isn't there.

Can someone tell me the name of the setting I have enabled and how to get rid of it?

Cheers

Untitledwraw-2.jpg

Untitled-2.jpg

I think you selected "expand track layers". Right click the area to the left of the track with all the controls and until this option. There may be a short cut key that will do it but I don't know it.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    I think you selected "expand track layers". Right click the area to the left of the track with all the controls and until this option. There may be a short cut key that will do it but I don't know it.
    Your the man! Much respect, it worked! Thanks a lot!

Hey now when I try to insert Velocity envelopes, the green line for adjusting it doesn't show up. Like I can enable it, but the line doesnt show up?

I've know idea why that would happen. Try closing down the program and re-open it. Or select the default layout by pressing alt+D together then the D key.

Hey,

I reset to default layout, and restarted program, still the green bar doesn't pop up. Here's an image showing that I have it enabled, and the green line doesn't show.

http://oi40.tinypic.com/33xizbc.jpg

Any thoughts?

Make sure you have the latest version from Sony and check your qraphics drivers etc. are up to date. Doing that might just shift the problem, what ever it is.

I'm out of ideas on this one as it seems like a deep problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    Make sure you have the latest version from Sony and check your qraphics drivers etc. are up to date. Doing that might just shift the problem, what ever it is.

I'm out of ideas on this one as it seems like a deep problem.
    Hey,

Yeah well I have Sony Vegas 12, and I have a brand new computer on Windows 8, with a new Graphics card and everything which I got just the other week. The velocity was working perfect yesterday, but as soon as this problem happened with the split clips, after I fixed it it no longer showed up.

So Im not sure what to think of it...

I just been looking through the menus and found you can turn off the velocity envelope line.

Go to the View Menu scroll right down near the bottom is an option called video envelopes then options to show or not show the different envelopes. One of them is for the event velocity.

So there you go, if it's not that then your buggered.

There we go!

Thanks so much Midnight, really appreciate you helping me find a fix for this problem.

Cheers!