Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Under work, but missed the enhtusiasm??

Default Under work, but missed the enhtusiasm??

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TonyBR View Post
    Under work, but missed the enhtusiasm??
    Hmmm. I see why you're asking. I think the music is the problem. For me I find it oo plodding and actually works against the fast cuts where they occur.
    I liked the "vintage footage" - very well done. I also loked the slo-mo out of foocus car shots.
    The fast blurry cuts towards the beginning were interesting, but I thought lasted about twice as long as they should.
    Being very picky - 1:14 was held for too long in my opinion
    Tim

Hi Tim!! How are you? Missed this forum a lot, but had to give up many good things to be able to pay for others!! Thanks for you comments.... Must agree with all of them! (no news there!! ) The photomotion in the beginning of the 2nd music looks good, but is lasting too much for sure. Must think about something to cover/replace the last half of it. The old footage was made by my brother in the 70s.... Quite a coincidence that he filmed this same street 40 years ago.... The last 10 seconds (older cars) I found in the net. By the car´s models I guess it was filmed in the 40s/50s... You´re right about 1:14...and I think that the splited visual of the guy drawing on a pole is too long too.... I´ll try to film a bit more of the street "day fragments" today and, hopefully, insert something to the present length. Must finish it all until saturday!! Great to be here again!!! See you... Tony

Use guitar music ! You seem to know most of the bits that need attention. I think it's looking good but missed exactly what it was. Is It just observations of a street ?

The split screen section would have been more interesting if you interchange the shots in the different screen sections. Also although they are all different focal lengths they are all shot from the same angle.

I can see this being a great piece when it's finished.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    Use guitar music ! You seem to know most of the bits that need attention. I think it's looking good but missed exactly what it was. Is It just observations of a street ?

The split screen section would have been more interesting if you interchange the shots in the different screen sections. Also although they are all different focal lengths they are all shot from the same angle.

I can see this being a great piece when it's finished.
    HI MB!! Thanks for the comments. I´m attending a documentary course, and the school is at the Augusta Street. So a first lesson/work was to produce a poetic documentary (based on Bill Nichols classifications) about the street. The street is famous (today) to congregate many different "tribes", as well as how much it changes from day to night... In the 70s it was the meeting point of girls and boys of the middle class (my brother included!!). I had a clear image of what I wanted, but then we had to get into larger groups.... So we missed a lot of time trying to write a script, but who can write (or follow!!!) a script of this sort of doc???

Yes, the split screen MUST change in duration, form and content.... I´m working on it tonight I hope.

3 days to deliver the work though..... not good!!!

T

I uploaded the new file over the old one, so here is the last version (without the first to compare, sorry). Small changes, but now it´s more smooth.... Past project anyway! Moving to next!! -

ups...........

Nice one Tony. I hope you got good marks for it.

As one friend use to say: "You don´t have to be the best, as long you´re not the worst either." (sounds better in portuguese )

Blog Entries

Well, I can't remember the first version now, but I don't think my criticisms of that rang true with the later version. This seemed to "gel" altogether better than I remember the original. I liked the way the fast cutting painted an impression, but then you contrasted that with slower, "focused", sections.
    Tim

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast